mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Why do you play paintball? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/221574-why-do-you-play-paintball.html)

Patar 12-20-2012 02:35 PM

Why do you play paintball?

Well, I was wondering this lately. For some the answer might just be "'Cuz it's fun!" but for others it might be a bit more special to them. So why do you guys play paintball?

Personally, paintball feels different to me than any other game/sport I've played. There's a space for every kind of person in paintball: the lone wolf, the team player, the loud guy, the quiet guy, the tinkerer, the antique collector, the hot shot, etc.... It's not hard to do what you enjoy doing in paintball, so many options on how to play. I come back from a trip to the field and no video games, no books, no movies are entertaining enough to take my mind off paintball. After a long day at the field, I lay down to sleep and see sillhouettes of paintballs flying by and hear markers shooting off. The sting of getting shot, the soreness the next day or two...all stuff I can tolerate because the game is so fun and addicting.

Maybe I need to see a doctor, but I don't exactly hate the feeling :gunsfiring:

How 'bout you all?

Bored383 12-20-2012 02:37 PM

cuz it's fun!

;)

the last line of my sig sums up why I play

Patar 12-20-2012 02:50 PM

great line to sig indeed! Really couldn't put it better.

Donut SD 12-20-2012 03:02 PM

For the reason bored stated. If food is involved its that much better.

Dr. VonDeafingson 12-20-2012 03:13 PM

Because what other sport allows you to inflict pain on your friends with a gun and not go to jail afterwards?

bricew25 12-20-2012 03:17 PM

hahah ^^ sig'd... but yes meeting new friends and working together or alone. You play how you want to and get to upgrade / tinker before the next time you play.

Keebler 12-20-2012 03:29 PM

Personal expression. No other sporting activity allows the level of personal expression that paintball does. Maybe golf, various racing sports maybe. But golf is well... Golf and racing is too damn expensive. So yeah. I am very picky on my gear and tools of my activity... Everything. I really don't like uniform policies when it comes to sports. Because what If I don't like one particular item or another. When I first tried paintball it was out back of some friends woods. It was mostly a joke at the time. Hey check out this cool gun a guy down the street bought let's go shoot each other with it. But I played once and instantly I was hooked. I had a knack for it. So it stuck. And later on in life you'd be very surprised how many aspects of my life paintball has influenced for the positive. At this point the sport could very well indeed evolve into something I find unpalatable however ill still play. Almost nearly because I feel I owe the entity that is paintball. If nothing else than my Continued participation

Cottontail 12-20-2012 03:48 PM

Plain and simple, for fun.

I also like the options when it comes to customizing/creating things.

nerdcore 12-20-2012 03:51 PM

To stay in shape. Nothing motivates physical activity like being shot at.

Ashton S 12-20-2012 03:51 PM

To stay active active and get out of the house.