mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #21 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I started playing pistol only two years ago and enjoyed the challenge. I wasn't strict on it, but I'd play an hour or two of straight pistol every time i'd go play. Then I got thinking about pump. I went balls deep and bought a used S6.5 from a nice fellow on here, and I played the rest of the year with it. Last winter I sold that marker and bought a brand new T2 with insert body and ran with it all last year. I've got nothing against semi, I plan on buying an Ego/Geo in the spring.
canuckistani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
Semi, I'm lazy. I find one balling someone just as thrilling with either type. I prefer having 15 more to back it up if that one gets wiped.
Seconded. A level 10 mag with a gravity hopper handles most everything for me.

I love full pump games though (not tourneys). When someone hits you with a pump, it's more often because they were aiming at you, not because they were hosing the area and a stray ball landed on a hard point. It's more like a game of tag (as it used to be), instead of a matter of flailing domination (which has its moments )
Old 01-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
I like the challenge of pump. I move alot more than when I played home in tournies. I may take 3 shots in a game but I make them count.

I also like the look on people's faces when I go on the field with a SC Phantom. They look at me like I am commiting suicide.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
I play semi and pump pistol mostly but switch back to a regular mech semi marker for some games for fun. I like shooting, and sometimes its fun to sling a case during an outing. That gets old (and expensive) fast though, so it was mostly a limited paint/lighter setup thing that drew me to pumps. There is something about hitting someone with one shot that is magical. It's the simplicity of the guns too. I love 10 round tubes and 12gs and I don't feel outgunned anywhere with a pump anymore. I've shot through a case a day and scored 30 eliminations with a semi and shot 100 with a pump and scored about the same. A semi can help defeat brush a little better by dumping in a higher volume of fire, but I just chose to bypass those shots that are lower percetange now.

For bigger games vs a massive rush, you're just as likely to get shot out wielding a semi as if you were shooting a pump. No gun is going to turn heavily lopsided odds in your favor and win the game for you. I won't begrudge anyone who prefers one gun over another. I say just play with what makes you happy and allows you to get on the field as often as possible.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #25 (permalink)

Back when I first started playing (95ish), the field we played at, all they had were pumps. There were very few semi's. We played a good2-4 years on basically pumps. Personally, I think it made us learn the game a little better than what most new people learn today. There was no real intimidation factor because of gear....but teams were still split up according to skill level. I do shoot mainly semi's today though. Nothing fancy...several spyders, black magic, automag, PMI III etc. But they are all mechanical semi's.

That brings up the question to the original poster. Are you talking about ANY semi auto gun....electos only....mechanical only?
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #26 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Let me ask another question (replies ROCK btw, i'm getting soooo much good insight)

If you were at a great field that had everything you could want (different quality/price of paint, hpa/co2, air ball, xball, themed fields, woodsball) and there were 6 parties going out to play, each had the same experience level of players.

1. Open Class w/ Ramping - You can bring any marker into this party. You can use PSP ramping or PSP 3 shot.

2. Open Class Semi - Any Marker, but it must be on semi (or pump obvi).

3. Open Class Pump - Any Pump set up.

4. Stock Class Pump - SC Only

5. Basics Pump - Any Pump Marker, Shake and Bake Hopper.

6. Basics Open - Any Marker shooting semi, shake and bake hopper, eyes off.

Personal preference and why? Which would you play most, which would you play least?
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

I hate hoppers and I hate running my tank off the grip. With a few exceptions that's pretty much pumps. I also don't like remote lines. Or double triggers. Or slider triggers. I hate electronics in my guns. Generally speaking if the marker has any of the above things I won't touch it. So like I said withe a few exceptions that leaves you with a pump. And typically nelson based
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BPS View Post
Let me ask another question (replies ROCK btw, i'm getting soooo much good insight)

If you were at a great field that had everything you could want (different quality/price of paint, hpa/co2, air ball, xball, themed fields, woodsball) and there were 6 parties going out to play, each had the same experience level of players.

1. Open Class w/ Ramping - You can bring any marker into this party. You can use PSP ramping or PSP 3 shot.

Personal preference and why? Which would you play most, which would you play least?
I'll play pump against anyone with anything.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BPS View Post

That is about what 90% of the people bring when we play (private outlaw field...normally have around 20 people, give or take 5-8 people any weekend). There are a few here and there that have electric hoppers (only one person has a halo and he doesn't even use it....the rest of ours are old revies or sound activated). Then again, most of the people we are playing with have only been playing for two years. We are bringing them in gently.

It is just our personal choice of play. I think there are only 3-4 guns that are full auto capable, but we make sure they are in semi. Rate of fire does not make a game fun. Everyone realizes this, and we make sure we aren't inviting overly competitive people to play.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #30 (permalink)
Sixfootsix

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlane77 View Post
I'll play pump against anyone with anything.
hahaha

i'll do the same, And often does.
But in from time to time its fun to take a mech/electro and just go bananas spray'n'pray style.

Feedback Youtube Channel
Waylost is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone