mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlane77 View Post
I'll play pump against anyone with anything.
Same for me.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #32 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

I used to play 100% pump, but I don't currently own a pump gun (1 mech and 1 electro). When I played pump, it was because I liked standing out, not being taken seriously, and showing off. But lately, pump has REALLY taken off in this area, and it's just not special anymore.

Now I play mech/electro because it's just easier. I still play like I'm using a pump (snapshooting, actually aiming, etc) and go through only marginally more paint. But I just find my eNMEy and my BKO to be more fun than the last few pump guns I've had.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I enjoy pump for the challenge but I always bring my mags to the field as well... Unfortunately there is quite a bit of wiping at the big games in the area which makes pump go from challenging to irritating.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BPS View Post
Let me ask another question (replies ROCK btw, i'm getting soooo much good insight)

If you were at a great field that had everything you could want (different quality/price of paint, hpa/co2, air ball, xball, themed fields, woodsball) and there were 6 parties going out to play, each had the same experience level of players.

1. Open Class w/ Ramping - You can bring any marker into this party. You can use PSP ramping or PSP 3 shot.

2. Open Class Semi - Any Marker, but it must be on semi (or pump obvi).

3. Open Class Pump - Any Pump set up.

4. Stock Class Pump - SC Only

5. Basics Pump - Any Pump Marker, Shake and Bake Hopper.

6. Basics Open - Any Marker shooting semi, shake and bake hopper, eyes off.

Personal preference and why? Which would you play most, which would you play least?
Local field allows ramping and such and I still mostly still shoot pump. That being said given the choice i would opt for open class semi. Personally I find ramping really no different than the guys shooting full auto same skill sets. I like uncapped semi as if you have the higher rate of fire you earned it with a SKILL.

I play pump a lot because its just plain fun I don't mind being out gunned I play paint ball for fun. I played paintball now for 13 years I enjoy changing it up now and then so sometimes I shoot one of a few mech semis in my collection to playing stock class with my PGP2 or shooting semi with a electro, as long as every one having fun it's all good.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #35 (permalink)
Post Whore

Ya know i hear that word being used a lot in reference to uncapped semi. How is moving your fingers really fast a skill. And even if you can call it that. It's more like one of those useless skills that don't account for much. Like being able to write with your feet. Or tieing a knot in a cherry stem with your tongue. Dude you can wiggle your finger so uber fast you got mad skills bra. I just can't see it being labeled that

I agree it takes more effort than a cheater mode. But I still feel calling it a skill is a stretch.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Ya know i hear that word being used a lot in reference to uncapped semi. How is moving your fingers really fast a skill. And even if you can call it that. It's more like one of those useless skills that don't account for much. Like being able to write with your feet. Or tieing a knot in a cherry stem with your tongue. Dude you can wiggle your finger so uber fast you got mad skills bra. I just can't see it being labeled that

I agree it takes more effort than a cheater mode. But I still feel calling it a skill is a stretch.
Just the same as throwing a ball is easy. But throwing a ball fast and accurately is not. And doing that while under pressure and being able to concentrate on other variables of a game makes it that much harder.

Playing uncapped semi and being good AND fast is a skill one I personally don't have but I still don't feel need to resort to ramping. Cause like this thread is about even a pump can be all you need on the field.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #37 (permalink)
Post Whore

Well you listed a lot of things there. The original point I'm making is that just uncapped semi is not a skill. Doing so while under fire and maintaining accuracy and cover are all several skills happening at once. But just the act of achieving a high Rof with uncapped semi doesn't count for much. And calling it a skill sticks in my throat. Throwing a ball is not a skill. Throwing a ball accurately is.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #38 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

Throwing a ball IS a skill, throwing it with speed or accuracy is a refinement of the skill. Take an NFL qb for example: he may not be the best passer but if he can rush well he's still worth something. Same thing goes for paintball. Shooting is a basic skill that can be refined. You can do it fast, you can do it accurately, you can do it under fire. All refinements of pulling the trigger. It may not be the most important skill to rely on while playing the game, but it's a skill that is required nonetheless.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #39 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

That being said, I find myself using my pump guns most of the time. I found that the accuracy and muscle memory I've gained over so many years of playing trumps rate of fire in almost every case. If you're fast enough getting on target and accurate enough to put the ball where you want it the extra few rounds you could potentially send down range don't mean much. The people you play with make the difference. A day of pump play can be very frustrating if the field is populated with a bunch of adolescents who think cheating is gamesmanship.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #40 (permalink)
pump snob

I play pump because I find semi boring, or otherwise too easy.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone