mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

That's neat halo thank you
Well there you have it.
I don't know the bore but I'm guessing large to account for first strikes
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Would you bother with the electronic version of the MR5? It would certainly come in handy for suppressive fire. If we could have our cake and eat it to it would be nice if the electronic version could take a page out of tippmanns books and be able to run as a mech as well.
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Well. In my opinion the whole concept of "hybrid". On the fly guns is stupid. If your using first strikes the way they were intended what do you even need suppression fire for. Presumably your operating within a team or unit or group and equipment should be diverse enough that should the need to arise you could look to your teammate. And if your carrying both fs mags and pods for the hopper your carrying a ton of crap. Also be aware that while using both you have to chrono for first strike and than accept that your paint will be at less than optimal fps.
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 01-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
It's nice to have both in case of you being the last man standing and your position starts to get overrun. I wouldn't be walking out on the field though with mags and 4 pods to play a game. I'd more than likely only take a hopper full and then use my mags for first strike. The most excess paint I would take would be 1 pod.
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

If your the last man than just fall back clearly your fighting a losing battle anyway. But do what you like. To answer your question is get the reg semi to start as you can upgrade later if needef
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 01-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Snake

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
The T9.1 cannot switch from Hopper to Mag (or vice versa) with a magazine in the well. Because, the magazine interfaces with the barrel.
you have to pull your mag then twist your barrel then put your mag back in thats what you need to do to switch between mag and hopper on a t9.1

i run a t9.1 magfed and love it ,one thing i like the most is how the mags get loaded fast and easy you could run a t9.1 setup with just acouple mags and do fine on the field
i run t9.1 air instock with 5 mags and most time dont get to using the 5th mag

Last edited by SASBRANDO; 01-09-2013 at 01:17 PM.
SASBRANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrpaintball View Post
you have to pull your mag then twist your barrel then put your mag back in thats what you need to do to switch between mag and hopper on a t9.1
I'm sorry, that was assumed. To be clearer: with the Dye, Spyder, or T9.0 with the FS upgrade, it's a just a matter of rotating the barrel/breach, with the 9.1, you must eject the mag, losing one or two rounds in the process, switch then reinsert mag.
One common thing among all designs is that you will very likely have one shot of your previous feed system to clear before the switch is complete.

In regards to hybrid setups, I can totally get the need since it's often not easy to find a team of folks to work cohesively together to the level where they can take advantage of someone shooting FS rounds (i.e. long distance flanking and coordination to eliminate folks who are behind frontal cover), and not allowing the FS shooter to get overrun.

Frequently, at Living Legends, I find myself in a thicket, when someone else comes along in normal paintball distances. They can afford to shoot through the brush in terms of ROF and, cost. I on the other hand, cannot with a dedicated FS marker.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
Barned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Well. In my opinion the whole concept of "hybrid". On the fly guns is stupid. If your using first strikes the way they were intended what do you even need suppression fire for. Presumably your operating within a team or unit or group and equipment should be diverse enough that should the need to arise you could look to your teammate. And if your carrying both fs mags and pods for the hopper your carrying a ton of crap. Also be aware that while using both you have to chrono for first strike and than accept that your paint will be at less than optimal fps.
Well, there are times when you need a high fire rate, no matter once. I turned a corner once to see 10 people, 2 with riot shields all storming towards me, I had a pump. There was no way I could've taken them all out, so I had to turn back and retreat. FS gives you an accuracy and range advantadge, but it's really hard to use FS for suppresive fire [unless you have a lot of money to spend].
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

My thing is than don't get in the situation where you need it. And at the same time regardless of fire power of you arnt squaded up at a scenario. Than what ARE you doing? You most likely can't accomplish much by yourself so the one man army idea is null. Anyways buy what you like but if your looking for something LIKE the dam but not at the DAM price than yes I think you'd do fine with the MR5
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 01-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've decided to hold out hope for the dmags (i know i know ). I personally don't want a hopper on my mag fed marker. When I want a hopper I'll use one of my others If I had the cash a DAM would certainly be tempting me. As it is I have a mkp kit that I bought on sale and it seems to be working well (only tested with reball knockoffs so far).
xxerexx is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone