mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Where to play in the Orlando area? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/223303-where-play-orlando-area.html)

Ratzo 01-12-2013 01:12 AM

Where to play in the Orlando area?

So the second week of April the family and I are heading to Clermont Florida.
We're doing Diseny for a couple of days, but wife is cool with me abandoning her and the kids for a day of play.
So I am curious as to any places that people would recommend in the area, what they have to offer, the kind of crowds that show up and how the staff is.
I will be bringing my Sniper with me to use.

I know it's a ways off but the wife is hoping to get a rough idea of a possible schedule.

The Inflicted 01-12-2013 01:31 AM

Well, there's Disney's Hollywood Studios for starters...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyE3ponTsQ4

Deuce 01-12-2013 02:08 AM

XPX will be fairly close to Clermont. That was my old "home" field, even though it was an hour drive from me in East Orlando and there were closer fields.

Battlefield Paintball (formerly Orange County Paintball) in East Orange.

Paintball World, by the Fairgrounds.

Really, there are many fields. You can hit most fields in the CFL area withing a 90 minute drive, including Waynes World.

I'd recommend hitting XPX for Saturday walk on play.

winman 01-12-2013 06:37 AM

I was raised in clermont.Now I live in Ohio.

JaKaL 01-12-2013 08:28 AM

Is battlefield that place out near bithlo right on 50?

Is Orlando Paintball still open? The indoor place near fairvilla?

There used to be another place way out on 50 that had lots of woods and old helicopters and stuff.

There's also central Florida paintball down in Lakeland.

I was sad when hypersports closed, too.

Penarol10 01-12-2013 11:46 AM

its a little farther but central florida paintball in lakeland is probably the best, if not one of the best fields in the state.

Titus 01-12-2013 11:56 AM

I was just going to rec CFP. I hope their ref issues got resolved, but that was a fantastic field. Worth the little bit of a drive.

JaKaL 01-12-2013 12:00 PM

Ref issues?
How can you have issues with refs if you have no refs?
Oh wait I see what you did there...

Deuce 01-12-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaKaL (Post 2590399)
Is battlefield that place out near bithlo right on 50?

Is Orlando Paintball still open? The indoor place near fairvilla?

There used to be another place way out on 50 that had lots of woods and old helicopters and stuff.

There's also central Florida paintball down in Lakeland.

I was sad when hypersports closed, too.

Yep, Battlefield used to be known as OCP. It is under new management, it was bought by the owners of Hurricane Paintball.

If you're talking about the one out towards Titusville I believe it's been closed for awhile.

Orlando Paintball is still open, next to the fairgrounds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penarol10 (Post 2590537)
its a little farther but central florida paintball in lakeland is probably the best, if not one of the best fields in the state.

Best is a pretty encompassing term. It's good for airball when they have crowds but I found their woodsball field to be completely lacking. Then again, it could have been a bad day, but I was given the understanding (from the staff on sire that day) that that's how it was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaKaL (Post 2590545)
Ref issues?
How can you have issues with refs if you have no refs?
Oh wait I see what you did there...

Yep.

OP, it might help us a little if you let us know what kind of paintball you're looking for. We could better tailor suggestions to fit your criteria.

JaKaL 01-12-2013 06:31 PM

Drove by battlefield today, didn't look like anyone was there. I used to play out there many many years ago when I first started playing. Must be the same property. They used to do some scenarios out there at one point.

What's the best pro shop in town now? I haven't really looked in a while and I need tank fills and stuff.