mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-13-2013, 12:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Barned

What is the benifit of a paintball, or military specific gearbag?

I'm just curious. I bought my adidas one for $30 dollars, and it holds all my gear perfectly. I know some people carry a lot more gear [Multiple markers, tanks, spare parts, ect.], but as the title says, what exactly is the benifit of having one of these types of gearbags? I don't see the point in investing $75-$150 in a fancy gymbag. I apologize if this is a dumb question, maybe I'm looking at this from the wrong way?
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

For me i play scenario paintball mainly. So when I go to other countries to play i want to have backups for backups, and that takes space. So i have a Planet Eclipse Gear bag and it fits my gear very well. I have no problem fitting 3 guns, 2 tanks, 2 loaders, caddy, 2 x pants, 3 jerseys, 3 barrels, cleats, 2 masks, pod pack, 10 or so pods, 10 swabs, 2 squeeges, spare parts kit. I like the space and the looks are nice too, anther benefit with the planet eclipse bag is it is tarp lined so after each scenario i can hose it out and know I'm not doing any damage to the bag.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
All hail Chad!

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
As far as I can tell, the advantage is multiple compartments to store guns, barrels, tanks, etc in different padded pouches to avoid damage caused by metal objects banging against each other. They're nice, but in a pinch, wrapping things in hand towels works, too. Plus, that way I don't forget to bring something to clean lenses and wipe off old hits between games
Feedback
Axel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

There is no accounting for taste.

Why do some people buy $200 jeans when you can get through life with $30 jeans?
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
There is no accounting for taste.

Why do some people buy $200 jeans when you can get through life with $30 jeans?
I do it for the storage that the Paintball specific bags offer for my gear. Not at all because it's "designer." I've used other non paintball specific bags for my gear but I prefer the added benefits the Paintball bags provide.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

actually my personal favorite gearbag? Is those huge plastic blue tubs you can get from WalMart for $20

I'll take a plastic "footlocker" type tub for pantball, over a soft, collapsing gearbag anyday. The biggest reason is that it holds it's shape and you can wash it out afterwards. Holds everything, case of paint, gallon of water, my mask, gear, pack, pods, tank, loaders, everything

<3 footlockers

And the best part, is that you can ship them to events or to the hotel you are staying at, instead of bringing them on the plane

Last edited by TechPB-Mike; 01-13-2013 at 09:43 AM.
TechPB-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
I used to use the big tub, but they break or the wife steals them. I now use a large luggage bag with roller wheels etc, got it at a discount store really cheap. I use laptop/tablet sleeves to hold markers, and protect them from scratches while in the bag..
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
actually my personal favorite gearbag? Is those huge plastic blue tubs you can get from WalMart for $20

I'll take a plastic "footlocker" type tub for pantball, over a soft, collapsing gearbag anyday. The biggest reason is that it holds it's shape and you can wash it out afterwards. Holds everything, case of paint, gallon of water, my mask, gear, pack, pods, tank, loaders, everything

<3 footlockers

http://www.plasticsandstorage.com.au/STL1842.jpg

And the best part, is that you can ship them to events or to the hotel you are staying at, instead of bringing them on the plane
I also use the plastic containers. Each one cost less than $10. You can also create your own dividers inside, create pod holders etc. They come with lids making them water tight on those rain days.

Still, one of the best gear bags I've ever seen was a dude using a laundry basket...like a pro
Slappadapink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I second the footlocker thing. I have one as well which I think I found in the storage section at Walmart for < $30. It has a spot for a padlock too, it won stop some one from getting into it if they really want to but it does provide that initial bet of security.
Stilgar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Run with siccors!!

Send a message via Skype™ to Darth

I have a PE gear bag I got used for $125. It holds everything I need, has spots for all my gear and it is easy to wheel around and secure. I think if I am going to buy $1k worth of gear I am ok with dropping 200 or so dollars to keep it safe and stored well.

2011 D-Day Allied CEF CanScot
2012 D-Day Allied CEF Baker Coy.
Darth is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone