mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Storage ideas (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/224265-storage-ideas.html)

MR_Rick 01-22-2013 10:53 PM

Storage ideas

Hey fellas,

Got a question about gear storage. I have a bit of an issue that is bugging me. Between me, my wife and kids I have to haul 4 large duffel bags to go play on top of various marker cases. Their bags are full of one spare marker, mask, tanks, spare parts, pods and pod harness + their primary marker case. I have a duffel bag that has a small tub full of extra parts and some tools, a case of o-rings, 4 small cases of specific marker parts, 5 different hoppers for my markers, 4 tanks (2 68 and 2 13ci) and a few barrels. My mask hangs on the side on its own bag and 3 of markers are laid on top of all this mess loose and one in its case along with 3 extra masks. Between all this, paint and 2 scuba tanks, the back of my pathfinder is packed pretty full. Thank god that I only have to travel about 5 miles to play.

Now for what I'm looking for is for one easy storage solution at least for my stuff (the high lighted items). I was thinking of getting a gear bag but I refuse to pay $200+ for a bag that has some popular name brand on it (yes I'm cheap). I am a neat freak and all this gear everywhere drives me crazy. I take all this equipment because most of the time I'm loaning equipment to new kids that are getting interested on the sport. I wanted to see pictures of what you guys are using, along with some recommendations. I was thinking using plastic tubs but not sure how I could accommodated everything while making it easily accessible.

Thanks

brew52 01-22-2013 11:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I use one of these. Gear for 3 people and 6-8 markers with room to spare. Plus it makes a great seat for outlaw ball.

BenoitOWN 01-22-2013 11:05 PM

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...gear-bags.html

paintballsmrf 01-22-2013 11:34 PM

05 jt suv roller gearbag, best gearbag ever made and i think i paid $60 for it. i usually put 2 masks, a 68/45, a 45/45, a 13/3, a 9oz, a vsc phantom with solid t stock, 2 electros, a mag, a sniper, knee pads, elbow pads, a towell, a change of clothes, 2-3 barrel kits, a pgp, lots of tool, spare parts, squeegees, like 3-4 hoppers and a pocket hopper or 2. everything i need to play anything and fix everything. top zips of and becomes a satchel that holds all your tools and spare parts etc. then inside there is separate compartment for clean clothes. comes with 2 zip lock padded cases that you can attach inside the gearbag using velcro so you can make the dividers whatever size you want. really a great bag if you can find one thats not to beat up. thats what i use and i will be sad the thing finally falls apart. but it's holding strong so far.

Crimson Death 01-22-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brew52 (Post 2601372)
I use one of these. Gear for 3 people and 6-8 markers with room to spare. Plus it makes a great seat for outlaw ball.

got a link for that?

MR_Rick 01-22-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Death (Post 2601406)
got a link for that?

^what he said
Quote:

Originally Posted by paintballsmrf (Post 2601401)
05 jt suv roller gearbag, best gearbag ever made and i think i paid $60 for it. i usually put 2 masks, a 68/45, a 45/45, a 13/3, a 9oz, a vsc phantom with solid t stock, 2 electros, a mag, a sniper, knee pads, elbow pads, a towell, a change of clothes, 2-3 barrel kits, a pgp, lots of tool, spare parts, squeegees, like 3-4 hoppers and a pocket hopper or 2. everything i need to play anything and fix everything. top zips of and becomes a satchel that holds all your tools and spare parts etc. then inside there is separate compartment for clean clothes. comes with 2 zip lock padded cases that you can attach inside the gearbag using velcro so you can make the dividers whatever size you want. really a great bag if you can find one thats not to beat up. thats what i use and i will be sad the thing finally falls apart. but it's holding strong so far.

This sounds similar to me. My pumps (Phantom and Line SI Bushy both with T-stocks) take most of my room. My Minimag is my "Precious" and I don't want to just through it. My Etek has its own case.

The Flounder 01-23-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Death (Post 2601406)
got a link for that?

Looks like Kobalt tools. Lowes would be the first place I would look.

EDIT: Found it here http://www.lowes.com/pd_395269-61896...cetInfo=Kobalt

brew52 01-23-2013 09:21 AM

Sorry for the late reply but yes it is a kobalt box. Picked it up at the local Lowe's. Works great, small tools and parts go in the removable tray, everything else in the bottom. Lid is oring sealed so I can throw it in the bed and not worry about weather.

usagi_tetsu 01-23-2013 10:02 AM

The integrated tool chest with wheels is a great idea, but I've been using standard tubs and a folding dolly (this one) for quite a few years now. The nice part is that I can use it for things other than paintball (it was actually useful when we moved a year or so ago). However, something like that Kobalt cart? I'm tempted to trade out my setup for one of those now. Fancy!

Crimson Death 01-23-2013 10:05 AM

Thanks!