mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Perfect Marker/Worst Marker

So clearly determining the perfect marker is a personal thing. Everyone looks for different things/ has different preferences. Further every marker has its own personality, some come from the factory perfect and will continue to work great for some time with no issues, others leak day one (of the same marker).

So my question is not which brand/type of marker people feel is perfect, but exactly WHICH marker. As in a particular marker you own or have owned. Pics of said marker would be amazing, even though I don't have any of mine.

You don't need to still own it, and it doesn't need to still work. Just that when you owned/used it it never gave you a headache, always shot well. And while it may not be the newest or the priciest, you'd still take 10 of those exact markers over anything else.

I haven't owned as many markers as most on here, i tend to just use friends as I've been a broke college student my adult life. Still I owned a few markers. My Spyder Electra 09 was def not the perfect marker, it tended to fall apart if it wasn't soaked in locktite. My ion didn't see enough use, but always had that ****ty feedneck (and a perma-glued halo sooo....) it was far from perfect. PM5 was terrible in the cold. PM6 was too, and had far too many orings that broke and I needed to spend too much on Oring kits. PM7 was pretty sick actually, but same oring issues and spooly issues in the NE cold.

My Evil Pimp however, always treated me well. Even after sitting in a cold damp garage for years all it needed was a switch replaced on the board and it was firing strong again. My Pimp never needed work, never broke down, never leaked, it chroned right it and played through anything. It worked equally well with a gravity/revy/halo/vlocity . Quick break down, super fun marker too shoot. Came (got it used) with every upgrade I would ever need. The only slight issue, and I never used it for my team, so it never was an issue, is how hard to program the board was.

So what marker treated you perfectly?

And for some Lolz what marker treated you the worst?

The worst for me is not even a marker I owned. It' a former teammates ICD Freestyle, which I owned for a bit cus I bought from him. I thought it was just him, but it sucked for me too. Shreded orings, busted seals and always gettin out of tune. The other ICD markers i've used were always awesome (I want a promaster when I get some extra cash, think they are one of the best used deals right now) But this Freestyle hated me.

Dust Red/Chrome Evil Pimp Kit
Evil Detonator HPR, Machette On/Off, Stock Trigger w/ Spring, Matrix Detent Mod/Detents, Kila Eye Covers, Kila Grips, Chrome Evil Smokestack

Dangerous Power Dark Earth Threshold- Black CP HPR
AGD Classic Mag - Intelliframe, Benchmark rail/forgrip, Shocktech drop/ASA.
Azodin KP2 2011 - Stock

Barrels
A/C - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), Lucker .678, CP .691 (Dust Black). Bob Long Assasins .689
Impulse - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), 14inch Pipe (Dust Black/Silver), Redz Pepperstick .689
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

The one marker that has given me zero problems on the field is my SP-1, and its the marker I have had since the begining. Got it used off of ebay. All stock,it the 3 mode board, no Blackheart. ALWAYS shoots. If I had a issue with my primary, it was always in the bag to pull out. Its a bit heavy compared to speedball guns, and the power button cracked one time during maint one time, but it is the most reliable marker I have owned.

I havent had a "worst". I guess would be my ND Timmy that I got used, but I have sorted that out now and it works flawlessly now. Had a bad noid, but hey, it is a 05 and well used.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
psunitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

My perfect marker I still own. Everything about it feels good in my hand...the balance, the substantial weight, the ergonomics, and the grip frame are all amazing. The 'gun airs up and shoots when I want it too and velocity remains true. The accuracy is noteworthy even though the 'gun based it's reputation on its rate of fire. When it was first made, it was the pinnacle of technology and remained so for years after. Even to this day, the design and form of the 'gun make it stand above any other marker of it's type. It was designed to stand the test of time and most any issue it may experience can be solved by replacing an oring. This particular 'gun isn't flashy or fancy but it's lines and subdued colors always impress me. I will use this 'gun until I can no longer play then I will hand it down to my son for his collection.

Here she is, my perfect marker...

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Paintball is my Obsession

I only have one gun that has NEVER given me an ounce of trouble. Even after very long wall hangings and inactivity, it is the only gun that has never leaked a wiff of air. Never needed tinkering. Got thrown onto the ground in a few games when I tripped, and didn't have a single nick. Always shoots straight. Quiet. Smooth, with a little jump to let you know an elimination has left the warehouse and is out for a perfect delivery. Dead sexy old school sexiness. It says, "Curves? Who needs curves? I got so much love to give, I need machined aluminum corners, flat panel truck sides, and a curb weight just shy of a metric ton to hold it all." Some say its outrageous air consumption when it sends the whispering death wizzing to thine foes is the cause of the weather condition known as El Nino. Some say many of Barry Bonds' home runs never would have left the infield if it were not for a few well placed "helper pushes" from a mysterious gelatin capsule launching device disguised as the home plate back stop wall. All we know, its called the Shocker. A 2k2 Vertical Feed Shocker Sport to be more precise. SHOEBOXES HO!!!!

Worst gun... everything else. lol. I hated my BKO- traded. I fought my ground up 2k2 bodied Sniper. Finally got that straightened out, all it needed was a good reg. Many hours troubleshooting Spyders/Illustrators and the sort, but I still love em. The BKO was the only one I can definitely say that I LOATHED. Also a PGP2k. Love my PMI-1, but the PGP2k was just too small for me-sold.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I forget to even mention my classic mag. Shoots every-time with no issues, if I had a smaller bore barrel when I was a kid it might be my favorite. Back when I was young and stupid I didn't understand how to stop the rollouts. But it's 12 years old and still banging out paint like a pro.

I do find the Ion platform to be AMAZINGLY reliable. It's funny cus back when hating on them was the thing to do, everyone claimed that the major issue was reliability. People were like, yea it may shoot like a high end but its a plastic pos and breaks all the time. Truth is that it does NOT. It's so simple it just works. The SP1 looks awesome, always wanted to try on for rec woodsball. The only reason my old ion doesn't beat my Pimp Kit, (because honestly even more then the Pimp that gat just worked) is the feedneck/dovetail I used on it. The stock ones I never replaced made it an annoying marker with a Perma-Halo.

Guess that freestyle wasn't the only ICD people don't love haha. I've been thinking about adding an old shoebox shocker to my collection, they normally that reliable or did you get lucky PGH?

Dust Red/Chrome Evil Pimp Kit
Evil Detonator HPR, Machette On/Off, Stock Trigger w/ Spring, Matrix Detent Mod/Detents, Kila Eye Covers, Kila Grips, Chrome Evil Smokestack

Dangerous Power Dark Earth Threshold- Black CP HPR
AGD Classic Mag - Intelliframe, Benchmark rail/forgrip, Shocktech drop/ASA.
Azodin KP2 2011 - Stock

Barrels
A/C - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), Lucker .678, CP .691 (Dust Black). Bob Long Assasins .689
Impulse - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), 14inch Pipe (Dust Black/Silver), Redz Pepperstick .689
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I'd say my perfect marker is my phantom. light,efficient on 12g (40+shots off a 12g before it severely drops off ie it literally uses every last bit of C02) and I can easily swap it to open class if I wanted to.

Worst marker would probably be my Rex Type R. I bought it new and for whatever reason I've never been able to get it to work. I think partially it might be the fact that it's a real PITA to turn the reg up as the stupid knob gets ridiculously hard to turn once you pass a certain point. I figure once I can grab a vertical reg and bottom line and get it set up that way it should be good to go but for now it's the only marker I own that i've never ever even fired 1 ball out of because the damn thing won't cycle.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have only owned it and my PVI shocker, so I can't really say overall. But both of the shoeboxes never leak. The maxflo for the PVI occasionally leaks when first aired up, but the seals are from 1997 or so. I bought the PVI as a project about a year ago. But I tore it apart and cleaned it. Re-lubed it and it aired up with no leaks. To my knowledge, they are original seals. I got lucky and bought both guns in fantastic shape. I have shot some older ones that saw better days at an old shop near me, and they just worked too. Nothing pretty, but just worked. Every time I shoot one, I am in awe of how quiet they are. Just puff, and out goes a ball. By electro standards, they are VERY slow. And ridiculously heavy. But they are just a blast to shoot. And always a head turner because of the shear size of them.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Although I do love my phantom too <<<<<<<<< The shoebox still gives me less issues though, and the Phantom is dang near perfect.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

My best is probably my eNMEy. From the very first time I hit the field with it, I just loved it. It shoots where I want every time, and it only took a day to develop the muscle memory to not even have to aim.

Worst? Hmm...probably the Brass Eagle Samurai I messed around with for a few weeks years ago. What a POS.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
My best is probably my eNMEy. From the very first time I hit the field with it, I just loved it. It shoots where I want every time, and it only took a day to develop the muscle memory to not even have to aim.

Worst? Hmm...probably the Brass Eagle Samurai I messed around with for a few weeks years ago. What a POS.

I'll agree with you on the eNMEy it's ridiculously light, easy to aim and yea it only took me a few pods of messing around in my backyard to develop the muscle memory to snap shoot a tin can off a table across the backyard shot after shot. I have a feeling once we're not snowed in in this part of Ontario and I can hit the field it'll be a deadly package in my hands

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone