mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-21-2013, 12:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-17 View Post
.... why do we need more players?

The industry is doing just fine.

Where's the </sarcasm> tag?
Old 02-21-2013, 12:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
^I am not saying it is not a noble goal, or that it would help or not help the game. I am, however, asking why we want to be in the Olympics? What will it accomplish?

I am not intending to come off as negative, I am asking from a neutral position for discussion.
When I posted my response I had the browser tab open for awhile. I only saw the first two replies before posting, so I wasn't really addressing your question. I just knew, from past experience, that some of the first responses to this topic would be just what they were.

But yeah, I'd agree with the hope to make paintball a more common pastime, increase profitability in the industry while driving down prices through volume, and spur innovation that has been pretty much lacking for years.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I am, however, asking why we want to be in the Olympics? What will it accomplish?
it'll finally convince all the socially maladjusted problem youths who are a plague upon this sport that they are, indeed, doing something mainstream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
But yeah, I'd agree with the hope to make paintball a more common pastime, increase profitability in the industry while driving down prices through volume, and spur innovation that has been pretty much lacking for years.
the guns a few years back can top 33bps. now they're all capped and catered toward scenario/woodsball, innovation isn't the cause of lack of development.

and the prices are high because the guns are status symbols. you can easily buy a $50 blowback and a hopper that can keep up.

Last edited by heinous; 02-21-2013 at 12:14 AM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Lets say the stars align. The entire industry and the players work together to reach the goal of olympic paintball. Even then paintball isn't that big of sport althought smaller ones are in the olympics. But we are a sport of consumption, we have a several companies making entirely "new" sets of playing gear every year. The very name of our sport is a consumable product. In an entire society that is based on consuming paintball fits in pretty well.
98ssuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
^I am not saying it is not a noble goal, or that it would help or not help the game. I am, however, asking why we want to be in the Olympics? What will it accomplish?

I am not intending to come off as negative, I am asking from a neutral position for discussion.
Ummm didnt you watch the video...that was the very first part of my vlog?
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmore70 View Post
Ummm didnt you watch the video...that was the very first part of my vlog?
To be honest, I'd rather read a nice long well written forum post over watching an 8+ minute video. I read faster than people talk, so it saves me a lot of time.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:45 AM   #17 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Sorry, I should have been more specific. The discussion about paintball getting into the Olympics seems to stem from paintball needing help or needing change. I have never considered paintball, a leisure hobby for many including myself, to need legitimizing in the eyes of society.

I just think there are many intermediate steps to growing the game before competing at an international level is considered or necessary.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
To be honest, I'd rather read a nice long well written forum post over watching an 8+ minute video. I read faster than people talk, so it saves me a lot of time.
Sorry mate, but I am dyslexic so when I write, most people's prejudice towards people such as myself - with a learning disability and make spelling and grammatical mistakes - gets in the way from understanding the message. So I prefer to vlog.

Trust me...there so many ignorant language Nazis that make people lives like mine ...challenging...

Im sure you have read posts where people have rudely flamed others because they cant write. I think its a sign of their insecurity.
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Sorry mate, but I am dyslexic so when I write, most people's prejudice towards people such as myself - with a learning disability and make spelling and grammatical mistakes - gets in the way from understanding the message. So I prefer to vlog.

Trust me...there so many ignorant language Nazis that make people lives like mine ...challenging...

Im sure you have read posts where people have rudely flamed others because they cant write. I think its a sign of their insecurity.
It's totally understandable, and everything I am discussing is done so with the highest respect. I very much enjoy your videos, I just think this one is a little bit of a jump. You make an interesting point nonetheless.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
it's only a problem if you care
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone