mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

A Solution on How to Get More People to Watch Paintball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=350HJMpvjF4
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

good one. now if only the people who should listen would listen
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

"March, ehh, its March ehh" your from north o' the border? lol

I cant wait to see how this will take off.
I tend to agree with you this has some serious potential.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
psunitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

does the location: Vancouver CehNehDeh mean that he's from north of the boarder? and why does that mean anything?

and as constructive criticism: if you don't meander around the point(though i do understand that you are giving examples and showing how) and clean up what you are saying, and how you are saying it, your point would be more valid as those in power can understand it better. you have a great idea and it could work, but with this video it is lost since you take a bit to get to the main point of "making paintball watchable". tangents, roundabouts and butterflying(which i suffer from, like you) are death to an idea.

so i would love to see what your idea is, and how you would implement it.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
does the location: Vancouver CehNehDeh mean that he's from north of the boarder? and why does that mean anything?

and as constructive criticism: if you don't meander around the point(though i do understand that you are giving examples and showing how) and clean up what you are saying, and how you are saying it, your point would be more valid as those in power can understand it better. you have a great idea and it could work, but with this video it is lost since you take a bit to get to the main point of "making paintball watchable". tangents, roundabouts and butterflying(which i suffer from, like you) are death to an idea.

so i would love to see what your idea is, and how you would implement it.
Fair points...the video was a "stream of consciousness".

If you want to see how this would be implement, just skip to the end title and click the proof of concept and either tutorial (YouTube or Ustream).

And do I REALLY have so respond to my humorous way of writing my location. Really?? But I do appreciate the rest of your feedback.
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Honestly, I think this sort of thing is the best way we're ever going to get paintball more mainstream audiences. I especially like your Black Ops comparison there, as honestly those guys are the crowd we should be most targeting.

People who like the adrenaline rush of first person shooters are often quick addicts once they realize how much more intense it is when you're really shooting and being shot at.
Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
PSP had a live stream last year for the finals. I don't know what kind of numbers hey got or if it is something they are going to do again. I personally watched it and thought they did a pretty good job of it. They didn't have any live first person shots but they did have sufficient camera coverage to be able to follow it.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
PSP had a live stream last year for the finals. I don't know what kind of numbers hey got or if it is something they are going to do again. I personally watched it and thought they did a pretty good job of it. They didn't have any live first person shots but they did have sufficient camera coverage to be able to follow it.
First person shots aren't as good as panoramic shots for watching sports anyway. You might use some first person shots to enhance the whole thing, but you don't want too much of it.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone