mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
I often play pantsless...

Send a message via AIM to aka Mich Send a message via Yahoo to aka Mich

Joe announced it during the post game awards during the Heaven vs Hell game last year and it was obvious that it wasn't a decision he wanted to make but that he had to. It's not like he's trying to bring in more money to add to his stable of Bentleys. It just came down to they're willing to make less money on a scenario weekend to make the players happy but they can't lose money. No idea what the numbers are that is the dividing line from taking a loss or not but they haven't reached those numbers.

For those that still want to play at Sherwood, there are a few people trying to figure out a walk-on weekend that Kathy will let us stay and camp there like a normal weekend scenario. game play will be a little different playing just walk on but hopefully we should be able to get a pretty large group of people that normally go to sherwood games for it.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Sorry to hear. This field was in my top two and the other went belly up last year. Amazing considering the rise in woodsball again that two great fields that held awesome scenarios/big games are no longer doing it or going under. I will have to admit that we did not make it to any of Sherwoods games last year due to lack of time & funds. I noticed the year before when I did go to one or two of their events that the numbers were pretty low. I think in the one instance there literally may have been 50 players or so at most. The year before we had show up for a Viper scenario and the numbers werent any better really.

Same kind of goes for the other field that I really enjoyed. I know the numbers were down for several of their events, but I thought it was mostly due to the weather. They seemed to have a lot of bad luck and it rained or snowed at nearly every scenario they had planned last year. I think when you plan on a lot of your revenue coming from these scenarios it makes it hard to continue after bad year or two. I think this, coupled with the crappy state of the economy is just making it impossible for fields that can't count on nationwide promoting.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Very sad, but you can't expect a guy to support our habit out of his own pocket.
I've been to Sherwood twice a year since '04, when there is a big game there in '14 I'll be first in line.

I think there should be a Terminator theme.
"I'll be back"
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Yep, I love playing at Sherwood too, it is one of my favorite places to play. Things go in cycles sometimes so hopefully when they do put on a big game/scenario people will be back.

Beest I remember talking to you one of the last times I was there.

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream
"Although where I come from, we call it Quartz, Parchment, Shears." - Pops

Black barrel covers will get you bonus balled.

Last edited by Chris From Flurry; 05-26-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Chris From Flurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Mich View Post
Joe announced it during the post game awards during the Heaven vs Hell game last year and it was obvious that it wasn't a decision he wanted to make but that he had to. It's not like he's trying to bring in more money to add to his stable of Bentleys. It just came down to they're willing to make less money on a scenario weekend to make the players happy but they can't lose money. No idea what the numbers are that is the dividing line from taking a loss or not but they haven't reached those numbers.

For those that still want to play at Sherwood, there are a few people trying to figure out a walk-on weekend that Kathy will let us stay and camp there like a normal weekend scenario. game play will be a little different playing just walk on but hopefully we should be able to get a pretty large group of people that normally go to sherwood games for it.
I would really love to be among that group! Other than my home field (Badlandz), Sherwood has always been home to me.

Rocking it for the Fringe Division!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fring...616810?fref=ts
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Mich View Post
I would be interested in this too. It is six or seven hours for me to drive and if I am going to commit, I would like to know there will be someone there to play against. I just can't make this trip on strictly walk-on only hopes.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Kilt Fan
I wish he would at least host one big game this year, the last couple of years it has been a must for us to go to one. Our group won't be driving 4+ hours for walk on play.

nuclear zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
Only "PART" Canadian

I was just at Sherwood last sunday and i had a great time. Joe is a very cool guy and there was talk about a scenario in the future. This is one of the best fields I have ever played on period.
Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranus View Post
I was just at Sherwood last sunday and i had a great time. Joe is a very cool guy and there was talk about a scenario in the future. This is one of the best fields I have ever played on period.
I haven't been to Sherwood yet, but would love to play a scenario game there sometime. I hope they bring back at least a minimal schedule for next year (or even later this year).
Old 05-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Hopefully I can play there when I roll through next August, was one of the recommended fields to play at alongside route!
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone