mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

They really don't go for $700, your highest realistic sales price will be closer to $500 at the very tippy tip top on the best day of your life.

Sandana pants, those go for $400 and sit on the market for weeks. Its all about the right buyer. They're a collectors item.

Pro-Tip: Hang onto them, Sandana market right now is in a weird position. They've screwed over tons of loyal customers and the market will either bottom out or sky rocket.
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
They really don't go for $700, your highest realistic sales price will be closer to $500 at the very tippy tip top on the best day of your life.

Sandana pants, those go for $400 and sit on the market for weeks. Its all about the right buyer. They're a collectors item.

Pro-Tip: Hang onto them, Sandana market right now is in a weird position. They've screwed over tons of loyal customers and the market will either bottom out or sky rocket.
sky rocket

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Old school from way back!

I remember back in November I was talking to a younger person and he told me my Sandana Head Wear with the neck protection could be worth as much as $500, I told him B.S.! I went home that night and saw one sold on ebay for like $275 and I was astonished. That's when I decided to make a couple, I have about $6 dollars in material and about 1.5 hours making 1 up for the simple reason of saving my "original" and maybe someday selling it for a small fortune. Considering I probably only paid like 20 something dollars way back when, don't know for sure because I don't keep my receipts that long.
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

The reason Sandanas are so expensive is because people supported the brand, the brand turned on its customers. There-fore the market will drop for awhile, the guys that were buying those super expensive Sandanas? Theyre the ones that had their money stolen.

The name is very tarnished right now, those people aren't buying Sandana products. There will always be kids that don't know any better, but the market dropped, limited Sandanas max at $300 right now, the employees are even going public with the issues. Its a bad time for Sandana/
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
all bark and no bite

The Mesh Sandana/head wrap guide thread

wts bko for cheap
jc_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

but yet, people will buy old brass or wood that you couldn't give away 20 years years ago because the world was going to constant air and semi?

trends are trends because one person wants it, and another has to have it. if you can predict what and when an item will be cool, then you'd be rich.

i have a sandana that i couldn't give away, flying skulls with the original tag. when they became cool, i know i was ahead of the curve. i could sell it, but it doesn't matter to me.sometimes i like the fact that i have a $200 head wrap and a $75+ strap.

so just shake your head and walk away. no one invites you into the room, you walk through the doors yourself.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
The reason Sandanas are so expensive is because people supported the brand, the brand turned on its customers. There-fore the market will drop for awhile, the guys that were buying those super expensive Sandanas? Theyre the ones that had their money stolen.

The name is very tarnished right now, those people aren't buying Sandana products. There will always be kids that don't know any better, but the market dropped, limited Sandanas max at $300 right now, the employees are even going public with the issues. Its a bad time for Sandana/
What did they end up doing? I remember seeing some chatter but never really focused on it.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
Because demand out weights supply.

Same thing with the JT goggle straps.
kaboom! truth
Droop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
What makes a Sandana worth $700?
idiots, jebus, the answer is idiots.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
$1 million Monet pieces are fueled by rich idiots too?

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone