mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #91 (permalink)
Barned

Here's a question to you guys, and I've had this happen to me before. If you absorb an entire rope that all bounces off you, would you call yourself out?
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #92 (permalink)
It's All In The Reflexes.

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
Here's a question to you guys, and I've had this happen to me before. If you absorb an entire rope that all bounces off you, would you call yourself out?
No.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #93 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
Took one of those M203 .43 bursts to the back a few weeks back....I, uh, didn't wait around to see if they burst.
I've got no beef with players wanting to protect themselves with padding, after that I was giving it some serious thought and to be fair, over-padding doesn't really seem to be a problem over here - most people in the scenario paintball scene are either wearing tac-vests or speedball gear to accomodate all their pods.

I guess if there were a particular player wearing an EOD suit or something, poeple would get annoyed, but surely you'd just know to shoot that particular player on his gun or mask.

Incidentally, did the OP ever solve the problem at his field?
After reading all of the advice I think I am going to just continue to watch how things develop out of curiosity as much as anything. We will definatly be keeping the bounce your safe rule, breaks only count as elimination. This is by concensous. The suggestion of limiting paint and rate of fire crossed my mind but there are a bunch of pretty/ugly new guns that spew paint like crazy that guys just put together over winter so I think we are sticking with zero restrictions on guns.

What I am strongly considering is trying to get a dealership on paint. That way I can ensure fresh paint and I know the source/age. Should help a bunch.
SamAreI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #94 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Quote:
Nope. Just because someone was unlucky with their paint batch, doesn't mean I have to give up my luck of the bounces and staying in for the sake of a "nice shot(s)".
Old 03-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #95 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Yeah, I guess I wouldn't go out too, assuming it was frontal. I'd give myself a quick once-over then get straight back in there. They'd do the same (albeit with less to check ).

STRIDERS Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6m9S2HYH7A-YVZzoq9QkBw
STRIDERS on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stride...98060457001863

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Despite their proximity, the Wolfman from Leeds is not related to any werewolf in London, but he is first cousins with the Northern Mi dogman.
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #96 (permalink)
The Chesnut

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
To be honest, I might sound like a wimp, but I like to wear padding not so much for the bounces as for that it decreases pain. It really helps too when there's arrogant speedballers on the field. I mean, you don't need to fire 10 shots at me everytime a sliver of my head pops out.....
Dude. I once took twin hits to the man-titties on a bunker run. I didn't call myself out for awhile 'cause I was too busy wincing in pain behind my safe, merciful, wall of wood.

Another time I took a shot to the beer gut. It went something like, Crap, I'm hit! Wait... Awesome, it bounced!!! Ow... AUGH #$*@!!! IT BOUNCED!

Nah, I won't call you a wimp.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #97 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Probably would, but mostly because I play in a t-shirt, so sucking down a whole rope of bounces would hurt. A lot.

It would then be followed by a quiet word to a ref to check what the hell paint that guy's using, because nothing that isn't re-ball should bounce like that.
Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #98 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
I mean, you don't need to fire 10 shots at me everytime a sliver of my head pops out.....
It's amazing isn't it?
At the field I play it, there's maybe 3 pistol players (inc. me) and another 5 pumpers, the other 100+ are packing Ego's and such - yet they still need to fire off every hopper with extreme predjudice just to ensure you're not the one to take them out from their bunker about 3 miles back...

Not that I've got anything against those markers, I just wish some of their operators had some sense of trigger control.

STRIDERS Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6m9S2HYH7A-YVZzoq9QkBw
STRIDERS on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stride...98060457001863

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Despite their proximity, the Wolfman from Leeds is not related to any werewolf in London, but he is first cousins with the Northern Mi dogman.
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #99 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Kicking every player on the opposing team in the junk before each match is a viable tactic too, if you consider viable tactics = ways to win.

However, you'll probably find not many people want to play with you anymore.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #100 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
Kicking every player on the opposing team in the junk before each match is a viable tactic too, if you consider viable tactics = ways to win.

However, you'll probably find not many people want to play with you anymore.
Player contact is generally not allowed at the field, so you'd have to find the opposing team and do it before you even got there.

As you are off-field, the same tactic will probably be used against you if you attempt it, making it doubly non-viable.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone