mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #51 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincera View Post
I think the rise of CCM's (and their relation to the pseudo arms race in pump paintball) and the downturn in the economy is the primary reason(s) for the amount of high end SC guns up for sale and the decreased value of other brands like PPS.
Because auto triggers were on some WGP Snipers back before CCM was around or because PPS also has guns with auto triggers? Even non-direct feed Phantoms have the auto trigger. I fail to see how the rise of CCM made the SC market price drop.
If the economy is so bad you have to sell guns, wouldn't you sell the ones that eat the most paint? (if you want to keep playing, not just selling to pay the bills)

I'm either not getting what you're saying or you're misinformed.
EDIT I see you're Got Paint, so I don't believe you to be misinformed.

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #52 (permalink)
MCB Member

I didn't really explain that well at all.

I quit for a good many years so I'm just basing this on what I knew of the game around 05 or 06 compared to what I see now.

It's not just the autotrigger, but the combo of light springing and a real quality product right out the door. There is a pump day at my local field and all I see are CCM's. Practically nothing else.

When I say arms race I'm talking autotrigger, forcefed hoppers, hitman mods, and light springing to get easy pump and fast pump strokes. A sniper base is pretty much the standard base I see these kinds of mods going on these days.

With more pump play in general happening there are also more pump tourneys and at least the players at the fields I frequent, players want a top of the line/competing pump marker, and they tend to gravitate towards the CCM's. I feel like they've cornered the market (and for good reason) on new players wanting pump guns.

I love my PPS brass don't get me wrong, and I certainly view them as top of the line, but not everyone sees it that way. In short I think CCM has grabbed the pump market and people are sticking with autococker based pumps these days. People buy nice SC guns thinking they'll get into it but end up playing open class more in my experience, so it's one of the first things to sell when consolidating markers.

I hope that made some sense, kinda rambling at this point.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #53 (permalink)
Merc

CCM Fan
No, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up.

Jay

Best Field in STL
Old 03-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #54 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
That is true.^^^

At what Lechooch said I wouldn't call it gimping yourself or showing that you can compete. Is it intentionally handicapping? Yes to an extent but most people don't play just to prove they can hang with electros. They play SC because they enjoy the added challenge in the style of play. I ride a single speed mountain bike. I ditched 26 extra gears for the simplicity and the challenge it brings to my rides. I shoot primes primarily with my DSLR because it forces me to really plan my shots. Its the same principal really. I also wouldn't say that an electro player would win 9/10 times.

I agree with previous statements about people buying them cause they hear great things about them and they want to try it. Then only to find out that SC isn't for them so they sell them.
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #55 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Both have their advantages when playing another. The electro can sit, lane, and hammer your bunker for 8 pods worth of paint. All the while you're sitting there waiting for him to drop his gun for that one snap shot. He's also got the advantage of in a split second putting ten rounds on you if you decide to move. He can also rattle you bunker while he runs up to bunker you.

If you're a smart player, you won't make a home in a bunker. If he doesn't know here you are he can't shoot you. I think that's the advantage to SC, you move far more. I also think the mentality helps as in you know you need to make your shots count, while most times with an electro it's spray nd pray.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #56 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Staying off topic. I'm good at one on ones. I play really far off my bunker and use other bunkers in between to block my movements or to just make playing my current bunker easier. In doing that it allows me to make counter movements if my opponents moves.
TF

Old 03-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #57 (permalink)
Merc

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by worrptangl View Post
Staying off topic. I'm good at one on ones. I play really far off my bunker and use other bunkers in between to block my movements or to just make playing my current bunker easier. In doing that it allows me to make counter movements if my opponents moves.
Yes, but most good players will do that regardless of the gun in their hands.

So far I've still avoided all the SC guns for sale.

Jay

Best Field in STL
Old 03-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #58 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post

Jay
Exactly. Tactics trump markers anytime.

More off topic:
I play SC cause I like it better. As I stated before, I'm just an average player and I gave up on being the baddest mofo out there long ago. Have I missed some eliminations because I use a SC marker? Yes. Has playing SC made me move more? Yes sadly, but I'm working on that. If I grabbed an electro and used the same playing style now I think I may get those one or two more eliminations a day that I miss out on from missing my targets. However, the paint and gear required to do so makes me not want to. I played the last round of the day on Saturday with just a WTF gauntlet and shot 17 shots and recorded 3 kills. That to me is fun. I will admit that my 1:1 skills aren't up to snuff yet, and anyone with enough sense to suppress me while they run up on me is going to win those battles.

My earlier comment a few pages back to not feel outgunned wasn't directed at the OP but to anyone in general who thinks you're going to get destroyed using a SC marker. It really is a mindset you gotta get into. Buy one and give it a few games to adjust to it. If you don't like it, you get to whore it off (and who doesn't love that!). That's why there are so many types of guns out there!

Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:36 AM   #59 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post

Jay
But I never mentioned gun preference, and that was my point. I bet if you gave Derrick Obatake one round and no gun he still would win more time than not. It's not the equipment but the player. I just choose to play pump more to the SC side.
TF

Old 03-13-2013, 04:44 AM   #60 (permalink)
I've porked many

There are plenty of people out that bought stock class guns then find out they don't like them. The favorite gun of the masses goes in cycles. Brass, Air Power, PPS, CCI, and now CCM all have been must haves at one point or another. When a new flavor comes out, people tend to dump them on the market.

While some us like rock and cock, and can hold our own with them, there are plenty of people that find they can't compete with them. Nobody's sarcastic comment about the return to batteries does ring true for some, that find out that they aren't the stock class gods that they thought they would be when they bought them. Those people tend put them up for sale, when something else new, catches their eye.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone