mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Planet Ecplise? New Marker Help (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/230012-planet-ecplise-new-marker-help.html)

undercovercop2 03-28-2013 08:03 PM

Planet Ecplise? New Marker Help

So im in the market for a new speedball marker just to have to play around with and for weekend play. I've owned many guns in my post, but never a lot of speedball markers. Im a pump/milsim/mag fed player. Ive Owned 2 Ego 6s, 3 Minis, Proto, Etek 2, Etek 2 with star frame and my favorite Milsim/Speedball marker Bob Long Mtac. My buddy who i play with is in love with PE and owns a new Ego 11. He knows the market a little better then me though when it comes to these markers and he wants me to buy a Ego 11. Of course im going used though as i save a lot of money, plus i do not need a new marker. SO what are my options? PE Ego 11 or what else?

Im looking for the $500-$650 range!

Thanks guys!

docholiday 03-28-2013 08:07 PM

Go even cheaper and get an original Geo. Make sure it has the ST kit and you're good to go. They can be had in very nice condition for sub $400. They are essentially bullet proof. I've owned several and never had a problem out of mine.

undercovercop2 03-28-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docholiday (Post 2668025)
Go even cheaper and get an original Geo. Make sure it has the ST kit and you're good to go. They can be had in very nice condition for sub $400. They are essentially bullet proof. I've owned several and never had a problem out of mine.

Yeah I was looking into the Geo 2s because they are in the same price range, but they are a spoolie, I kinda like poppets better as the bolt is right there

capt_cupcakes 03-28-2013 08:20 PM

In the 500-650 range you have a lot to pick from. I was in the spot and in the same price range! I picked up a combat ego10 with full barrel kit for $550 and im VERY happy with it! Egos hands down are one of those speedball markers that you can beat to hell weekend after weekend and it will still work!
Now with that being said you also have choices like a used Bob Long G6R ( I have a friend who is selling one with SLP tank and a Z2 prophecy want more info? PM ME ;) ) again another favorite of mine! also have the Geo2, or Geo 2.1, BL Vice, BL Victory, Dye 10, and 11, the Empire Axe! (again I have a BRAND NEW one for sale! PM me for info)

All in all it is what makes you the user happy! the feel of the shot, how it feels in your hand all matters.

Mike Quinn

undercovercop2 03-28-2013 08:26 PM

I kinda want to stick with PE because i do like their guns, the more i read about the Ego 10 the more i want!

capt_cupcakes 03-28-2013 08:27 PM

Yea I was lucky to find mine. I'm soooo happy with it!

sQuidvision 03-28-2013 08:52 PM

cant go wrong with an ego or a geo. I recently picked up a geo 2 and absolutely love it. its worth noting im in Minnesota and it shot fine 2 weekends in a row in sub 30* temps.

leathalh 03-28-2013 09:24 PM

You can also pick up an etek3 super cheap. If ego's are Ferarri's then eteks are Vipers. The difference between the two is mostly electronics and cosmetics.

Bloop 03-28-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leathalh (Post 2668110)
You can also pick up an etek3 super cheap. If ego's are Ferarri's then eteks are Vipers. The difference between the two is mostly electronics and cosmetics.

x3. But I'd wait until the Lv1 is released for values to go down and you can save some money. Oh, and I will warn you....eteks are a little loud :P If you get a 3 install the zick 2 kit and maybe a hush bolt ,that would be my advice. I have a four and It works great for me.

undercovercop2 03-28-2013 09:41 PM

Yeah not a huge Etek fan, i know they aren't really much different but I do like my bells and whistles! Im finding a lot of Geo2s I like as well!