mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

RE: looking for a new rig..viking, cyborg, ego

Looking at used prices it appears I can get a marker, tank, and hopper for under $500, and it will be a quality setup. I'd love to get xvalve ule, but under 500 for all is going to be a stretch. I am amazed how much prices have dropped, with exception to AGD stuff.

So I am looking at a viking, cyborg or ego. Can you guys provide some thoughts? I've owned a few vikings, I know they are solid, love the trigger. I was wondering how they compare to a cyborg or ego. All three are in the price range and they are all super efficient, 2krnds/68ci. They all shoot plenty fast, I am interested in the thoughts of those you whom have owned any of them and how they compare.
GTrsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
12 lbs seldge can fix it!

Send a message via Yahoo to capt_cupcakes

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Depending on what you want to do with them I would pick the Ego. ideally a 09-10. I have owned both and they are my "go to" marker. I can beat the crap out of them toss them in my gear bag and wait till time I decide to bust out the electro.

AKA Vikngs are nice! I have been meaning to get around to picking one up. Just for what I want I don't have the cash.

I have yet to shoot or play with a Cyborg so I don't want to put a false statement out there for you. If you really want something nice from Macdev I Recommend the Clone VX. not the GT but the VX. I have owned one and LOVED it!

Feel free to PM me for anything!.

Mike Quinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by breg View Post
Bit of PB Wisdom "If it ends in '-ocker' and it is working; leave it the hell alone"
capt_cupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

If you want maximum reliability and amazing efficiency than no question get a viking or excal.

They aren't the light but I have had almost every other gun and they are by far the most robust. Couple of drops of oil in the asa and that is it almost indefinitely.

07 Borgs are cool. You need to regrease them every once in a while though.. And the trigger pivot location is silly but with a CP trigger it is one of my favorite triggers ever. I despise it otherwise.

I had a bad experience with an sl94 ego. Light guns but ergonomics are bad for me..grips don't last long..and the trigger frame is weak..and the bolt to breech fit is pretty loose which just feels cheap.

For durability i'd say viking, 07 Borg, ego in that order
For weight it is the opposite.

All 3 can shoot thousands of rounds a day without issues.

Last edited by Cunha; 03-29-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
I'm looking to part with a tac one xvalve lvl 10. Also passing on a viking. lmk.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I picked up a milled Viking from a member here who gave me a really good deal on it. When I handed it to the shop owner he told me "that's not a Viking". Apparently there is a noticeable difference in weight between a milled and unmilled one.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Any reason Bob Long's not on the list?

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Barned

Given any thought to an axe? As Jaccen said as well you could probably get an older bob long for your price range.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
i really like my marq. only reason im looking to part with it is to upgrade up to a little newer of a gun and a true spool valve.
Droop is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone