mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Un-Active Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
looks like i might pick one up to use for my head. i use the hero3 right now and it works but i want to try on marker video too. being able to turn multiple ones on at the same time with the hand remote strapped to my wrist is a major plus though

For Sale

Hawkeye20: "......Hit!..............medic..... oh God...."
pghp8ntballer: "Cause you know, first strike and flatline systems together with a scope allow you to shoot into the future."
SEFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:15 AM   #22 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Yeah! He was shocked!

Best part was, before the game started last year, I went over and introduced myself, and told him this was my first time paying to play paintball, and my first scenario, and I was going to get HIM out that day!

He almost died laughing, and called his buddies over to laugh as well.

That is why he looked like that, when he realized it was me!

hahaha!

He won this year, as I tried my best to get him again, and didn't quite get him...
Oh wow man that makes it light years better!!
Now I understand EXACTLY what the look was. That's awesome man. Probably a life memory.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #23 (permalink)

Nice. What is the role of the medic in these games?
pb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:00 AM   #24 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb101 View Post
Nice. What is the role of the medic in these games?
It will vary from scenario to scenario, but most of the time, medics can "heal" players and put them back into the fight, as long as they were not shot in the head. Some games require them to actually tie a white "bandage" around the limb that was shot, others just require them to write down the player's ID badge number, some just wipe off their paint and send them on their way. The problem with medics is that depending on the rules, they are an easy feature to abuse, which is why you really don't see them all that often anymore.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Yeah, this game any player hit (unless hit in the head) could call for a medic and be revived without having to go all the way back to their headquarters to respawn...

There were only a small number of medics in the game, I forget exactly but it was either 15 or 10 total per side. And these guys could easily change the outcome of battles, as they would stay back and just tag players back in as fast as they could... So the medics were very high value in the way this game ran.

Often if a group lost their medic, they would lose their will to fight, as they knew they had a LONG walk back to their base to respawn without him!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

Send a message via AIM to subyrally

love it. especially the barrel tag action, lol.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #27 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Wow, I am shocked at the response to this video as it has been blowing up (well, blowing up for one of my paintball videos...). It has over 5,500 views already, and the youtube version has over 80 likes!

Holy Cow! I never would have thought a video that long would have gotten that kind of attention, and it has made me rethink "long" videos.

I edited like crazy on that one, and I made it as short as possible while still telling the story. The original hunt took an hour and 15 minutes, and I compacted that down to 18 1/2 minutes...

But, a big thank you goes out to all you who watched and enjoyed it and gave me positive feedback on this one! It is a ton of work making paintball videos and often you never hear anything positive, so again, Thanks guys!

I'm working on some new graphics for my stuff. I've got it down to three that I like. What do you think?

Option 1.

Option 2.

Option 3.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #28 (permalink)

Option 3
Mercenario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #29 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Cool video. I had originally just posted don't as a tip. However that was before I figured out that you were talking about a big game scenario type setting.

Last edited by Donkey Oatey; 08-22-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Donkey Oatey is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone