mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #31 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post

Accountability does modify behavior.
Funny you should say that after advising escalation of violence. You'd become far more accountable than an overshooter with point blank throat & crotch shots.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurchness monster View Post
Lets show them the MCB way of playing this game. We'll show up late, miss the first game or two, talk about and fondle each others markers, have lunch, talk about where we will play next, play a game or two, and go home complaining how tired we are after playing all day. Should be a lot of fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
he doesn't manage a business, and he should have planned it out better or had some experience in what he was doing before taking pre-orders. the worst part is simply that he took the money and did not refund it... which is fraud.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:37 AM   #32 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
your not the first person telling me about problems at PB Explosion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WajCgWKIcAc

Feedback..
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Proud member of the GUNMEN WRECKING CREW
visualreviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #33 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by visualreviews View Post

Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:50 AM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Deathwish_DW Send a message via Yahoo to Deathwish_DW

I was there for that game as well. Shooting Into the spawn and as kids (including myself) busted our **** on the asphalt trying to leave, they just ramped on everyone who was in the fetal position with ref's trying to protect us.

Proud Dealer of: Inception Designs - DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG - Deadlywind - Valken

MCB Feedback 57+ (People don't really leave me feedback, lol :d)
PBN Feedback 314+
eBay Feedback 1906+
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:55 AM   #35 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
You're missing a few extra there. No one got up... I'm very cool about things. I get mad but would never scream at another player for cheating or getting overshot a bit (would tell the ref to watch a specific player if I found it necessary). But that......... I ....

edit: As for this thread, I agree with PistolRogue below me.

Last edited by Pr3mium; 07-02-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Pr3mium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:09 AM   #36 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Mistakes and even outright douchebaggery will happen whenever you get people together in large numbers with paintball markers.

It's screwed up that you got a rope thrown at you with your hand in the air and gun up, but IMO, it's even more screwed up that instead of running to get out of the way or reporting it to a ref, you decided your best course of action was to turn around and start shooting back as an eliminated player. I'm not excusing the other player, I'm not excusing the refs for not being on top of the other player, but there's no excuse for your behavior either, sorry.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #37 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by visualreviews View Post

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:18 AM   #38 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Years ago, early 90's when I was 20, I took my girlfriend out to play paintball. It was pretty much the "field team" against everyone else. And they were basically jerks, over shooting, wiping hits...

Our team retreats leaving myself and my girlfriend stuck. I get shot out. This is her first time playing, she is trapped behind a large tree that the other team is unloading on. She is freaked out, the ref does nothing. I am out, at the edge of the field, next to the ref and start unloading on them. Probably not the best think to do, the ref ask me if I am out, which I respond with a "yes" and he does nothing.

I can understand your frustration. Unfortunately there are plenty of jerks that play paintball.

Shooting back is not a good idea, you had a bad day, let it go and move forward.

Overshooting to prove a point doesn't really help either.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:20 AM   #39 (permalink)
Post Whore

Would 10 shots in the back be overshooting? LOL

Was playing against 2 kids last week - both overshot me.

Shaken......but not stirred. Licenced to paint.
bond commander bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #40 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
The way I see it, if my opponents are shooting at me when Iím eliminated, theyíre not shooting at my teammates. So even in my exit, Iím helping my team. If you think about it, the guyís wasting money to shoot an already eliminated player. I find I donít get shot at enough after Iím eliminated.

Shooting back when youíre eliminated is a no-no. That is completely unacceptable for an adult. Usually it's people who aren't quite right in the head that do stuff like that.
That GoatBoy is an astute fellow. Hear, hear.

He's also a skilled player.

Depends on where you are playing, and with whom, and what the stakes are, but sometimes this kind of experience is just part of the game. Sometimes an eliminated player will be unintentionally shot because they don't get out of the way quickly enough while their nearby partners in crime are being eliminated.

If no one was in or near the line of fire that hammered you, it may well be an inexperienced/idiot player. But then, who knows?

Whatever else is true, remember that you are on a hot field. Don't be passive.

The thing to do in any case is to keep your head, and then swivel it to determine who is shooting at you, and why. Have you accidentally strolled into the middle of a firefight? Is there a crazed, youthful maniac with his first electro and no one to use it on? Is there a sheepish player waving at you in apology? Is there a limping metallic skeleton with glowing eyes and an Austrian accent saying, "Come with me if you want to live"?

Once you determine the situation, use your vocal chords, loudly and liberally, but also try to get out of the line of fire. It may be a simple mistake, or malicious mischief, but if you aren't observant, there is no way to know, and your options for an optimal response are diminished. In all cases be professional. Don't return fire. We all make mistakes, but how we deal with them is the measure of the player.

If it is an accident, sort it out quickly and quietly with the other player so as to avoid hard feelings and/or undue guilt. If it is malice, sort it out just as quickly with the refs or management so as to make life better for all.

Good luck out there.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone