mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
found on the field

we have probably all seen the random lost gear on the field . . . squeegies, pods, barrel condoms, tubes, etc. and many of us have lost stuff on the field. At the start of the year I lost a mag for my T9 while playing walk on at Camp Pendleton. It happened on their 'kong' field, and despite me and a ref searching about we couldn't find it. I was beating myself up for being dumb and not securing the pouch it was in before I took off running. I chalked it up to 'sh!t happens, deal' and wondered who might find it and what they would think.

the mag was found. It was found this past Sunday by another poster here - Demonio. I was at one of his TPG days at Camp P and he was off on Kong with his son teaching him some basics away from the hustle and bustle of active play when he came across the mag.

The best part was despite laying about in the open for the better part of the year the seals were still good! after emptying the rotten paint and wiping the worst of the grime off I slapped it into my T9 and got what seemed to my trained ear to be about a 12ies worth of shots out of it!

so kudos to Demonio for finding it and kudos to Tiberius for making a quality product!
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Very cool!

I usually drop my pods when playing, especially if I am in a firefight. And since my field is in my backyard, I "plan" on picking them up after the game, but I usually forget. Then during the summer when I am back there riding my quad, I usually find a bunch of old pods.

This past season I found a pod that had a couple of paintballs in it still from 4 years ago (could tell because they stopped making that paint years ago). I was shooting at someone and ducked behind a log, and looked down, and was like. "hey, an old pod"... "oh wait, that is MY old pod".

I have found all kinds of stuff at my field over the years. Old 9 ounce tanks, hoppers, masks, sweatshirts, mini 10 round tubes of paint, single gloves... I have a huge box of stuff that has been left.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Best thing I ever found: A ten-round tube filled with Thai Stick.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
PKM - BOOSH!

CCM Fan
I found a prolite before. No one claimed it and it was not a rental... not sure what happened to it. I found someones automag after a year of sitting the the Maine woods... it was not happy about it to say the least.

My Feedback

everex5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Love for Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
we have probably all seen the random lost gear on the field . . . squeegies, pods, barrel condoms, tubes, etc. and many of us have lost stuff on the field. At the start of the year I lost a mag for my T9 while playing walk on at Camp Pendleton. It happened on their 'kong' field, and despite me and a ref searching about we couldn't find it. I was beating myself up for being dumb and not securing the pouch it was in before I took off running. I chalked it up to 'sh!t happens, deal' and wondered who might find it and what they would think.

the mag was found. It was found this past Sunday by another poster here - Demonio. I was at one of his TPG days at Camp P and he was off on Kong with his son teaching him some basics away from the hustle and bustle of active play when he came across the mag.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...08826171_n.jpg

The best part was despite laying about in the open for the better part of the year the seals were still good! after emptying the rotten paint and wiping the worst of the grime off I slapped it into my T9 and got what seemed to my trained ear to be about a 12ies worth of shots out of it!

so kudos to Demonio for finding it and kudos to Tiberius for making a quality product!

Hey That's pretty cool, Im glad you found it. Losing stuff sometimes happens, and mostly when you are multitasking and not paying enough attention to your belongings.

I've personally lost my Iphone (that includes losing it at the field once) over 20 times and I am not exaggerating. I've also left my phone at the gym, at restaurants, bar bathrooms etc. But for some reason my phone's never got lost lol I've always been able to retreat my phone after losing it. Partly cause I've really started believing that I am always going to find my phone no matter what. Now I know it's going to come back and slap me right upside the head one of these days, If I'm not careful.

Over 1500 fans on Facebook:

https://www.facebook...sforsalenowpage
AJpaintball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by everex5 View Post
I found a prolite before. No one claimed it and it was not a rental... not sure what happened to it. I found someones automag after a year of sitting the the Maine woods... it was not happy about it to say the least.
Was the mag lonely? it certainly couldnt be unhappy about being left outside! a garden hose would make it good as new lol.

The most interesting things i have ever found were dead 12 grams and pods.
My Feedback
first strike pez dispensers in stock - pm me!
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
Don't forget countless barrel plugs!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Nerf rockets after a scenario with tanks.
DoC19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
Was the mag lonely? it certainly couldnt be unhappy about being left outside! a garden hose would make it good as new lol.

You wouldn't be happy either if you had spent a Maine winter buried under the snow, and a Maine Spring in the mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Found a barrel once. No gun, just the barrel.
OPBN is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone