mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Who else hasn't played a game this year...

...and is wondering why they're holding on to all this gear? I haven't set foot on the field this year and only played maybe 4 or 5 times last year. Yet I still have all my gear in the hopes that I'll find the time to get out for a game which will more than likely never happen.
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Haven't played in a year, pretty much to the day. But I don't question why I have my stuff still. I like shiney and I know I will get to play again eventually, even if it is another couple of years.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
so far in the last year I've been out 4 times once in Feb then not again until June at Carnage then a couple of times over the summer. Haven't been out since August but I know that even if i only get out to play 4 times a year I'll keep my gear. I love this sport too much to simply sell it off.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Limited paint FTW

Brass N Wood Fan
I only made it out a couple times this year. Working weekends sucks. Hoping to hit the indoor fields 2-3 times this winter though.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
Tore two tendons in my ankle in January. . Tried to play spring castle and couldn't. Had surgery in July, going back to work next week. BUT I did sell everything but my mask. Needed money to help with bills. . I have been thinking about not dumping money into gear again and just getting a pro carb or something. .
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

I only played 3 times this year, one I pulled my calf and didn't play but an hour? Heck, I acquired more stuff, even with going from 2 players to one since my son moved out of state. I may thin the herd some, and only keep/buy what I REALLY want.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
psunitro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Next Wed makes 22 months since I've played. I miss it but I don't see me having the time in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

It's been nearly 3 years (maybe more...) Since I last played. This year was going to be the year I got back into it, then I changed jobs, lost my home in a flood, bought a house...

If all goes well, I'll play on Dec 8.
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

The last time I played was Thanksgiving day 2012, I had a blast doing it and spent most of the day adjusting my style of play to using a pistol. Counting my shots, changing out mags, getting closer than I normally would have to make sure my shots counted all the while playing with three guys on my team that had never played paintball before that day and up against four guys that were very experienced. It was one sided, but I enjoyed taking those guys up as close as I was and having them hooked by the end of the first game.

This last year was supposed to be the year I would get out and play some more. Then my wife and I had several financial setbacks seemingly staged just when we thought we were getting ahead. This last Summer I started working 1st shift instead of second but my wife took a new job that required her to be away the entire summer. She had just only started working from home when I broke my leg in September and I was finally able to return to work in November.

I will be lucky if I will even be able to play paintball by next Summer. My leg is healing, but the one break at my ankle has me concerned if I will have full travel of motion again. As it stands I can move my right foot about 2/3 the same distance (up or down) as my left foot. There is still some swelling, so hopefully when that goes down I will gain more travel. If I play next year, it'll be maybe once or twice and more than likely be in the Fall. I plan to focus on my recovery more so I can eventually get out and play.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Finances weren't particularly great this year. Add to that my brother in law was out for most of the early part of the year (Main playing partner) and then went through a divorce making a bad financial situation kind of worse, I didn't get out much. Due to wanting to keep paint useage down I did start playing pump more often, so maybe there was an upside? Now it's getting cold and I don't play in anything below 30*, so probably done till next March/April.
OPBN is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone