mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-18-2015, 05:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesak View Post
From pbn:
"The film also involves the burgeoning sport of paintball. It's set in a small post-apocalyptic town defended from the undead by a team of young guns trained by Zane's anti-hero character through paintball games."

I have yet to see it, but it is on my list of horrible movies to watch.
What are you talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHdBZs8mT8A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:46 PM   #22 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
What are you talking about?
-Okay, it might not be horrible, but it's definitely low budget. All the gunfire is done digitally.

But hey, it's always nice to see that, even after the end of the world, we'll still be able to find paint and get our tanks filled.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanonsGrin View Post
In the movie, The Paper Brigade, Robert Englund uses a KP rifle as a paintball a paintball gun to shoot some bullies, completely void of safety gear. I don't have a picture of it, but I will dig around.

In an old episode of American Gladiators I saw them using what appeared to be a Nelson pump to fire a foam rocket during one of the events. I will have to track that down and see if I can find it again.

There was an old thread on here somewhere that was this exact same premise, pictures and all.

Didnt I hear that one of our own members loaned out guns for the Paper Brigade? I thought I did because I recall there being a LOT of rare old guns in those scenes.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
-First I've heard of it. Movie? TV show? And what's that milsim gun?
This Means War was a movie. I think it was about two CIA operatives who both fall for the same girl (Witherspoon). I haven't seen the movie but I did see part of the clip with the paintball game, one of the CIA guys takes the girl on a date at the paintball field for some walk-on play. Since he's uber-badass CIA guy he goes all movie action hero on the other team.

Quote:
-Got that one on the list too. Keep in mind MCB has talked about this sort of thing before, and I've been mining those old threads for data for a couple weeks now.

It was one of those old threads that helped me get a proper ID on Johnny Mnemonic's gun, and that Entourage monstrosity.
You're welcome
Nice job on getting a clear picture of the Pro-lite in that one. I tried for like an hour and could only get a blurry frame.

If you want to branch out into TV series, Stargate SG-1 used paintball guns as tranquilizer dart guns. Most people mistakenly identify them as Tippmann 68 Carbines, but they're not.
Here's far shot on one, it's the gun in the middle...

Most people see the Carbine foregrip, but if you look closer...

Pretty clear it's a old full bodied Spyder where someone removed the powerfeed and filled in the feed hole.

And in the cheesy direct to video animated movie, G.I. Joe: Valor VS. Venom we have our heros playing paintball using basic Walmart blowbacks. The shape is that of a VL Triton, Vertex, or Vigor or possibly a BE Afterburner, but none were ever available in that color.

Later in the movie the guns were used to shoot anti-mutagen at some mutated Cobra soldiers.

Nunquam emere quid potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
Rec Poster

There were a couple other episodes of Stargate that used paintball guns. Also in The One with Jet Li they used VForce Profilers as police masks. In the video for the System of a Down song B.Y.O.B. they used a a paintball mask.
Beyond The Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
www.armorsquad.com

I hope "Blackballed" was in the list (for a paintball movie) and I somehow missed it.

Thanks to Netflix, "Starship Troopers 2" got a re-watch and, lo and behold, the pistols they use are Zeuses, what looks like a G1+ possibly.

Last edited by trueblue; 02-18-2015 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Type
trueblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:20 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
-Really? I have Moon somewhere. You sure about the ID?

Yeah, if you own it watch the last maybe 5-10 minutes where the "rescue" team opens the hatch of the big moon rover. The guy who opens the hatch has an a5 with milsim stuff (cant remember what exactly, probably a shroud and scope) that he sticks in the hatch. Its been a while since ive seen it and I don't remember if the cyclone was still attached but its clearly an a5.

You can also search imfdb.org for paintball and find a few. I just found a modded tippmann a5 used in "Fringe" season 1 episode 4.

Last edited by Canebrake; 02-18-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Canebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:45 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
I hope "Blackballed" was in the list (for a paintball movie) and I somehow missed it..
I really liked Blackballed. Lots of the jokes miss, but you get the impression that it was mostly improvised.

and it was a fairly accurate representation of paintball- Especially the tournament stuff. Unlike... "Paintball: THe Movie", which was terrible.

I also remember paintball on an early episode of Law and Order.

Also, weirdly, I remember the TV Show "Tekwar". THey didn't use paintball guns, but the futuristic cops all wore those infamous pursuit "bubble masks" of the early 90s. Not the later Brass Eagle ones.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:40 PM   #29 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I also remember paintball on an early episode of Law and Order.
-Even further back. I remember finding an old copy of APG, from around '91 as I recall, that had a little article about an episode of L.A. Law having filmed an episode at some local (to the California APG offices) field.

I've always wanted to find that episode, but it was only recently that you could even find episode lists online.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:57 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

CSI also had an episode in the earlier seasons.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone