mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-16-2017, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Nxl mechanical division 2017

Introducing the NXL Mechanical Division!

move to news if can since i can not post in that section if need to be posted

Yes, this is happening! The NXL will host an Open Mechanical Division starting at the NXL Las Vegas Open and again at each event of the 2017 season! 5-player teams shooting Mechanical markers in an open division will play on Sunday at each NXL event. The final match will be played in front of the massive grandstands on the Pro Field and will be broadcast live on the GoSports webcast! Entrance is $500 and the winning team walks away with $1,000 cash. ON TOP OF THAT: Series Champs Will Win New Mechanical Markers! More details coming soon!
The 2017 NXL Series consists of 5 major events across the United States. This year’s events will be held in Las Vegas, Ft. Worth, Atlantic City, Chicago and Kissimmee. Registration for the NXL Las Vegas Open will begin Tuesday, January 24th at www.APPApb.com.

info from Airgun Designs USA

Good news for mechanical division in NXL. Looks like Mags should be allowed. The rule states:
"Shall not increase or decrease the force required to pull or hold the trigger to or at any position without the use of tools (“reactive trigger”, “pneumatic trigger assists”).
Mags cannot increase or decrease the force without a tool. It is also very clear that GOG is advertising and even sponsoring the NXL Mechanical division with it's new gun the Enmy Pro, which is clearly an air powered pneumatic trigger. From this perspective almost all mech guns are within the rules, including Tippmann flex valves, with are air charged triggers also. It is very clear in the rules that your gun must fire one shot per trigger pull and is not allowed to "run away". They will be testing for it. this means you mag owners that want to represent should make sure you are not running High pressure tanks. In fact lower the pressure a bit to be sure there is no bounce. Also make sure your activation point to fire is not so close. In other words use a longer on/off pin if you need to. .750 lengths should not allow the gun to be touchy but some may need a .755 or .760. Best to test it out as sometimes a longer pin will shut the gun down completely or make it shoot down under rapid fire.
Get out there and win with MAGS!
1 Share
Old 03-17-2017, 01:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

People on here wanted this for ages and now that it's a reality, I'm curious if anyone is actually going to play...or will this fare the same as the limited paint PSP divisions and the NPPL and PSP pump divisions?
NSGSplatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Nxl mechanical division 2017

Anyone from MCB want to throw together a Carters Commandos team for NXL Dallas?! (I.e. Ft. Worth)

Spring Cleaning Sale 2017

MCB Feedback

Last edited by sdawg; 03-17-2017 at 08:16 AM.
sdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm certainly not a tournament player, but I'm curious about these mechanical markers that will be awarded to the series winners... Better not be something like an enmey.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

I believe they are the Inception cockers.

Spring Cleaning Sale 2017

MCB Feedback
sdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'm in for NXL Chicago Event.
PM me.
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Automagtastic

Gonna see a lot of cockers. I hope there are some mags in there, too. I bet GoG will be repp'd as well.

If there was an event near Pittsburgh I'd be down.

Curious how long it'll take them to 'mechanify' a shocker for a 'high end' variant of the mech ion.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

That's cool. Too late for the Vegas one for me, as that's the closest one to me.

You ever try a pink golf ball, Wally? Why, the wind shear alone on a pink golf ball can take the head off a 90-pound midget at over 300 yards.-Six String Samurai.
Psicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Anyone want to put a team together for Atlantic City?
ilivlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

So, are pneumatic trigger guns allowed? The OP seems to imply "it depends"

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone