mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-21-2017, 02:37 PM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

Buddy of mine ran over his Etek or Gtek, I can never remember which it was, with a van and after pulling it out of the case it looked untouched. Aired up and shot perfect. I gained a new respect for PE hard cases after that.
somethingbenign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:49 PM   #32 (permalink)
Paintball Luddite

'08 JT Team pants - have used and abused my pair exclusively for 9 years...got my first lil tear in a side pocket this past summer, but stitched it up and it was good to go! Purchased another of the exact same size, brand new - so hopefully when I hang my current pair up, I'll get another solid decade of amazing pant action!

Feedback

"Come on you apes. You want to live forever?" -Johnny Rico
"The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed." -Stephen King, The Gunslinger
packersrule729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:01 PM   #33 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I have my first A5 and my factory realtree A5 which always work... And both shoot +/-3 fps after all these years with co2...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCjCTBHL...y=trailsofdoom

The realtree version still looks like new. The finish on those was just so good...
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:06 PM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

Automags, pumps, blowbacks, Excals/Vikings, pre-BE Revvies, and Rotors have well-deserved reputations for durability, IMO.

What EXCEEDED my expectations? Hrm. I have an old pair of Dye pants - C9's, I think - that I bought as NOS a year or two after their 2009 manufacture date. I wear them every time I play and they still clean up really well afterward.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:08 PM   #35 (permalink)
mag shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
Automags, pumps, blowbacks, Excals/Vikings, pre-BE Revvies, and Rotors have well-deserved reputations for durability, IMO.

What EXCEEDED my expectations? Hrm. I have an old pair of Dye pants - C9's, I think - that I bought as NOS a year or two after their 2009 manufacture date. I wear them every time I play and they still clean up really well afterward.
my c8's i think are about done. hole in the left knee. picked them up on clearance they have been great. not long ago i tried hunting down the same pair new and found little options.

feedback(http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:14 PM   #36 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

My Dangerous Power Fusion F7. I bought it off a member here in...2011? for $30 with a supposedly broken solenoid. Slapped a little grease on the solenoid o-rings, put a new battery in it and rocked it all over the world in multiple international events for 2 years without a single hiccup. Not even a real cleaning.

Then it sat basically untouched until last spring. Aired it up, went right to business. Then I didn't play for a year and it went back on the shelf. Aired it up this weekend and it's still in perfect functioning order. Best $30 I ever spent.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:30 PM   #37 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Automags - Who can argue with thirty years of proven reliability?
12v Revvy - Owned it since '99 and it's still as reliable as ever.
Phantom - Owned it since 2000 and it's still as good as new.
My Feedback Thread
JonM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:21 PM   #38 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

My list is strange and I'm not exactly the best caretaker (just lazy mostly) of equipment so I consider these battle proven.

-Original Pinokio Hopper without defective shells. I know some people had their shells crack from a defect in the feedneck but my non defective one was as durable as a rotor.

-My 10+ year old SP freak inserts placed inside a Pursuit pod. Bought them used on here.

-BT Merc Vest: 6 years and going. Bought it early 2011 and it hasn't shown any wear with heavy loads (14 pinokio pods on my friend and about 10 Pinokio pods for me). It's a solid mesh vest that's great for paintball and costed me around $40 without any attachements.

-Paintball Body Bag: Owned it in 09 and when I downsized, I gave it to my teammate. Still functional. Only downside is that it doesn't have a metal spine for rolling the bag around (it has a handle) it sags.

-Ratco Gear bag: $75 shipped at the time. Best bag ever. Has good rollers, has backpack loops, all zippers intact even with overpacking. I did replace the pulls on the zippers with some WTFPB zipper pulls though.

-Deadlywind barrels: I had heard a lot of people say that the inner bore use to flake if you didn't squeegee it properly or the front would fray if core sampling too much. I have core sampled and smashed my barrel against sharp rocks. I consider barrels disposable goods that should take damage over time. Still looks new minus the natural wear on the aluminum threads.

G6R: Owned mine since December 2011 and only replaced one oring and changed batteries. Tried and true. It's getting a little inconsistent so it's probably rebuild time.

Phantoms: 99% bulletproof minus the cupseal and the valve oring.
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:44 PM   #39 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

My JT pants from 2004. Still in good shape.

You ever try a pink golf ball, Wally? Why, the wind shear alone on a pink golf ball can take the head off a 90-pound midget at over 300 yards.-Six String Samurai.
Psicko is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone