mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-29-2017, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

What's a DP E1 worth, and is it any good?

Found one for sale somewhat locally for $100. Brand new in box.

Worth it? Anything to watch out for? I'm looking for a modern electronic gun that's easy on paint if the mood strikes, wondering if this fits the bill.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
I CANT DRIVE 55

retail for 130 I think. From what I understand, these entry level guns are what started to give DP the reputation for leaky, cheap guns. Also, the E1 stock board is uncapped semi or 25bps full auto only
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
- The New Colossus, Emma Lazarus

This is what the Statue of Liberty is supposed to mean. But what does she mean now? How have we strayed so far?

My feedback
Jahnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahnman View Post
retail for 130 I think. From what I understand, these entry level guns are what started to give DP the reputation for leaky, cheap guns. Also, the E1 stock board is uncapped semi or 25bps full auto only
Jahnman is correct on the board. However it does accept the g4 board ($55) and give you modes.

Saying that, I own an e1, g3, g4 and 2 g5's.

If you're just looking for an electro to try and don't like ion's then the e1 is a good contender. Throw a decent 14 inch barrel on it and it really helps.

As long as you use good lube I've not had any issue. I am wanting to sell the e1 though, if interested in it hit me up ill make you a good deal.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2017, 10:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

No need for modes, I play recball exclusively. I have no problems with an Ion, I'm just leary of the lack of solenoid parts out there.

I'll keep looking...
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

My Feedback
Old 12-29-2017, 10:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
No need for modes, I play recball exclusively. I have no problems with an Ion, I'm just leary of the lack of solenoid parts out there.

I'll keep looking...
What's your budget? If you don't mind me asking.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosgarage57 View Post
What's your budget? If you don't mind me asking.

Pretty low.

My Feedback
Old 12-29-2017, 11:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Pretty low.
Sub 100 you can probably find an old 10 or 11 proto rail, Ion, or even a dp g4. Noticed you were in Canada so that sucks for shipping. Really if you keep your expectations low, realizing it's a $100 marker then the e1 is decent. About 150 then you're in mini/axe, dp g5, older egos territory.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
I CANT DRIVE 55

True, and all that having said, I would pick up an E1 if I found one $100/less that already has a new board (most refs at my field wont let you run it if it cant be capped to 10bps)

Right, forgot to say, for modern electro, I know ill catch flak for this, but I did get to shoot Kevin's (qmto) Valken Code last time he and I played together, and I was impressed by it, so that's got my thumbs up if you find the funds to expand your budget
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
- The New Colossus, Emma Lazarus

This is what the Statue of Liberty is supposed to mean. But what does she mean now? How have we strayed so far?

My feedback
Jahnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahnman View Post
True, and all that having said, I would pick up an E1 if I found one $100/less that already has a new board (most refs at my field wont let you run it if it cant be capped to 10bps)

Right, forgot to say, for modern electro, I know ill catch flak for this, but I did get to shoot Kevin's (qmto) Valken Code last time he and I played together, and I was impressed by it, so that's got my thumbs up if you find the funds to expand your budget
The code looks really interesting. I'd definitely try it and have seen a couple sell for $150. I also have a Droid dx at that price and it's a great shooter.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosgarage57 View Post
Sub 100 you can probably find an old 10 or 11 proto rail, Ion, or even a dp g4. Noticed you were in Canada so that sucks for shipping. Really if you keep your expectations low, realizing it's a $100 marker then the e1 is decent. About 150 then you're in mini/axe, dp g5, older egos territory.

Shipping is the biggest issue.

I'm kind of torn between buying another older project gun and working on it, and getting something modern-ish that I can screw a tank onto and go. I have a couple of modified Rainmakers that work well, they're just friggin' heavy and my hand goes numb after a few games thanks to some mild joint issues.

The E1 looked interesting, but if it's just an econo-box electro I'll probably pass and save up some cash. The biggest peeve I have with some of the guns you mentioned is the sensitivity to battery voltage... I've had a Mini, and hated it - far too finicky on what battery it had and the proprietary reg was a PITA.

Really, I'm looking for something light and efficient that I can run a small drop on with my 22ci tank... I have that with my mech Ion, I'm looking for an equivalent that's electronic. Maybe I will have to get another Ion....

My Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone