mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-21-2006, 06:16 PM   #21 (permalink)

Gogs (of course). 1/2 finger gloves in the summer, mechanics gloves in the winter. Neck protector for night play.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
Cup.

Cup. Cup. Cup. Cup. Cup. Cup. Cup. CUP!

Double-tapped my buddy in the nards once with my Vector, and it ruined his whole day. We had to go back onto the field to find him after the game was over. I will NEVER go through that myself if I can help it!

Also full finger gloves and kneepads. I spent thousands getting my knee back in shape after an early 90's paintball injury. I limped for the better part of a year. Now I just don't go out without the pads.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

Back where I used to play a long time ago, one of the regular players was about 4'6". He routinely shot people there because of the height difference and after watching so many people drop like ungainly sacks of potatoes, I wear a cup when I play paintball.
I hate to say it this bluntly, but I don't understand not wearing it, other than macho knuckleheaditis, why not give yourself the extra bit of confidence to charge a bunker? I actually saw a guy at the pistol championships come out to the QUICKDRAW without wearing one, I mean you're standing face to face and can't move your feet!!! Needless to say, he'll never do that again as he took a hit to ground zero that left him unable to play. And that's my argument for wearing one, I'll never have to quit for the day and waste all the money I spent getting there and entering, while people chuckle at my misfortune.

Rob

I rank this up there with a player who boasts "I don't wear goggles!"

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
chuff chuff

I like my elbow pads, they are comfy and have gotten me several bounces (that I'm just assuming may not have bounced otherwise) though I think knee pads would serve me better, but I haven't found any decent ones that fit my low low budget like my elbow pads did.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

WARNING

WARNING

WARNING

Okay, lets not start insulting folks for not wearing OPTIONAL safety gear. If you donít want to wear but he very minimum safety gear, fine. If you want to wear everything available to you, fine.
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
p8ntd dawrld & thensum

When i started off plalying tourney, i dawned Dye Elbow/Forearm pads, and slide on Knee pads (for power sliding into bunkers). Had Gloves and a Cup as well.

Still wear the same exact pads today when in the woods. I'm a pretty rough baller; slamming into trees at top running speeds, hitting the dirt when under fire... running, jumping, diving, sliding.

Steel Toe Combat Boots are also a plus. But the CUP is still the best protection you can have on a field (other than a mask). Makes you feel invincible
PsychoBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:48 PM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Protection

Full Face mask covering ears and knee pads. I used to wear a cup to protect my testicles. I then got married and found out that I didn't need a cup any more.

"As he stares up into heaven, I'm sure I know the reason why
He's thinking about that promised land in them Blue Ridge Mountain skies"

Playing since 1984
TouchofGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:54 PM   #28 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

I wear a backwards hat so the bill covers the back of my neck, half finger gloves and full knee/shin pads (mountain biking ones). No cup, since they're super uncomfortable and I haven't been shot in the nuts in 6 years of playing.
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:13 PM   #29 (permalink)

1/2 finger gloves are a must for me, along with boots that have good ankle support. I don't bother with a hat or anything. I figure that if they can sneak up behind me and make a money shot like that I deserve it.
wespe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
For everyone who doesn't wear a cup because it's too uncomfortable, check out your nearest sporting goods store. They make a cup now that fits into the pouch in the front of a pair of underarmor-ish shorts. It's SUPER comfortable. You just don't even know it's there until you take a hit in the treasures.

And for everyone who says "I've never been shot there in X number of years playing paintball." ...well, it only takes once and I would bet good money you'd change your mind then. :P

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone