mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

View Poll Results: Do you use a remote tank on a vest when you play
Yes 31 27.43%
NO 82 72.57%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I really regret buying a coiled remote. I'd fair much better with a non-coiled remote. However, it worked well as a bungee cord for my pump. While climbing over a fallen tree trunk, i dropped my gun but it safely just bounced up and down.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

I run a remote. It gets too hot for me to use a vest; I use an H-rack on and old cordura 6+1 pack. I covered the coiled remote with rip-stop and can forget its there, which is bad when you lay your marker on the table and try to walk off.

Somedays I hook a camelbak on the same rack (radio too). That mess can be hard to run in. I keep my trusty reactive mag on remote, but when I use a different marker I usually go with a direct bottle. I need a good sling attachment on my mag so that I can use both hands on occasion.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I covered the coiled remote with rip-stop and can forget its there, which is bad when you lay your marker on the table and try to walk off.
I use to do the same thing till I got a Proconnect.
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:42 AM   #14 (permalink)

I use my bottle as a stock and don't need the remote and vest. I'm allready big and slow and a remote makes me slower. The fast movement is the best form of protection even on bigger and longer games. So I run a compact setup carrying all my paint and a hydro on my back and my instruments, squeegee, fod etc. in side pockets. The idea is to keep my chest free - it's way better for longer running and for crawling.
albireo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Insane Psychopath. :D

Send a message via AIM to Legato

When i first started balling and for the first year or two i used a vest with 6 pods, camebak, tank pouch, radio pouch, everything. I loved it. Then i got away from my tippmann and into cockers and pumps, and then i dropped the vest and just went with small 3 or 4 pod packs and if i needed water, i would use a camelbak backpack (tiny, just big enough for the 2L of water). I loved doing that. Now i pump exclusively, so i don't wear a harness at all and just bring the camelbak on hot days.
Legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:24 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I tried a remote few years back when I had an Automag RT. It was okay for a while but it wasn't really worth it. It was just a belt'n'pouch thingy so it would jump up and down when I was running around. And the remote line got stuck on branches and stuff.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Ive found that about 99% of people who try remote setups quickly abandon them. Myself included. Tank on gun >> remote.
Warwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
Whats your boggle?

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog_TT

I still use a remote every now and then, as far as vests go unless its really hot I always wear one for scenario games.

Feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Automag... when you absolutely have to mow down every sucker on the field!.....accept no substitute.
bulldog_TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

I have used a remote but they do get old after a while and I have found that my team suffers less from friendly fire if I do not carry a marker.

RJ
R.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:10 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legato View Post
When i first started balling and for the first year or two i used a vest with 6 pods, camebak, tank pouch, radio pouch, everything. I loved it. Then i got away from my tippmann and into cockers and pumps, and then i dropped the vest and just went with small 3 or 4 pod packs and if i needed water, i would use a camelbak backpack (tiny, just big enough for the 2L of water). I loved doing that. Now i pump exclusively, so i don't wear a harness at all and just bring the camelbak on hot days.
I'm in the same boat, I started off with my A-5 with a stock and a remote line to the tank on my back, then I picked up a 'Mag and ran tank-on-gun for the first time in a long time and never looked back. Heck, I even tried playing with my A-5 a few weeks ago and I just couldn't do it, Mags are just too much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
  1. Learn of Zombie infestation. How? Who knows. Probably from the General Chat section off MCB
Wrathbringer is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone