mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-07-2006, 11:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
I'll split your arrow!

Send a message via AIM to mark Send a message via MSN to mark

I had heard through out last yeat year that K2 wasn't happy with their paintball sales, I guess it was true.

1. hurricane
An temporary alliance formed between the ocean and the sky with the goal of killing people. The ocean's ability to attack the land is limited, so it lends the sky some of its water and energy so it can assault people farther inland then it normally could.
Hurricanes are far more powerful then the storms the sky creates on its own. They are just another reason the ocean must be destroyed.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Kool Mod

Send a message via AIM to Weltz4u

CCM Fan
As a store/field manager I can testify to a very slow 2005. We have been in business for 8 years and it was our worst to date. Field play and sales were way down. I also buy from pretty much all-major paintball suppliers and it was the same story across the board. This year looks to be shaping up a little better so far
Weltz4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Have your players been asking

For more woods play? Or do you play alot of woods? What basic marker are you selling the most? Are you doing any big games or Scenario? All my local fields are basically shifting to woods games and big games. I havent seen a decline in players, but an increase in players. One field has speed ball and woods,big games and scenario on regular basis. The owner alternates the games. Another field will be getting X ball this week,but also has woods games. The last field has and open field but with lots of burms and natural cover. This field is the best for pump players. Basically all the fields have shifted their view to the rec players want and needs. Actually 2 of the 3 fields don't even want anything to do with tourney players,teams or sponsorhip of any. They have figured out where the money is. Non of the 3 fields ever recommend nor push high end markers. So I imagine there sales are up a little. I haven't heard of any fields in local area having trouble. I know of about 6 to 8 around me. Maybe it's just the location or rising fuel prices.
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

No declining here

New field just opened like two weeks ago. Iam trying it out this weekend. Total woods play from what I'm told. I'll try and get some pics and post them on my site. New store opened last week too. Basically catering to the new player and woods ball. He will order high end,but so far no one has ordered high end.
Later,
Blackrain
Old 05-09-2006, 03:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

There are more fields/games around here than before. More woodsball, and more scenario.... There may be more tournament type play also, it's just not something I pay attention to....

Annual Reports are directed at the Shareholders. A company must put the best spin possible on holdings that aren't doing as well as expected. You must tell the shareholders that these holdings are the best in the world, even if they aren't. You must sell it to them.....

Walker
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Moderating in Moderation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Have to take what is said in the report with a grain of sand - it is written for stockholders who don't like to hear about declining sales so they explain it with declining market
Politically, Socially and Aerodynamically Incorrect
Everything I have ever loved is immoral or illegal
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.
stewart potter common sense, elephant and duck tests
Force this into a gaussian distributed parabolic curve!
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Whats goin local

Like walker said,more of woodsball here. As of this month in just my area:
May 20 Kit Splat fest
June 23,24,25 3 day Taw Scenario
July 4th 1 day Alien invasion scenario
There may be a few inbetween from the other three fields around me. It's just getting better. X ball is arriving too I think this weekend.
Later,
Blackrain

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone