mcarterbrown.com  

Dealers Forum Paintball Dealer? Having a Special? Let us know here.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #61 (permalink)
MCB Member

50 sets in...

New design...

Bolts and tail insert are anodized.

Newest design does not require any threaded components, and has integrated chamber devolumizing. The firing piston has also been redesigned with one of the seals being stationary instead of 2 seals on the tail - this allows the supply air to provide a holding force when the piston is retracting to prevent the possibility of the piston bumping forward after retracting, as well as helping it to open faster. Another advantage to the new style is that there is an optional installation that lets you hide the complete assembly inside a stock Ion body with no tubing showing outside. Requires a permanent modification to the firing can to do this, as well as shortening the piece of the kit that fits into the tail of the can and putting a groove into the donut, but allows for a 100% hidden setup. All of these modifications are able to be done with a dremel tool and a 10-32 tap to deepen the threads for the rear air fitting.

Operates at ~190psi, obviously varying quite a bit depending on paint and barrel. Efficiency also varies with paint and barrel - expect 1,600 - 2,000 shots per tank depending on those factors at ~300FPS (I get ~1,800 with the paint I get locally in a bore matched barrel - smallest I have - shooting 295-300FPS - efficiency is exponentially related to velocity - 270 could give you ~2,200).

I have fittings for 4 of them right now, will have fittings for the remainder of the 50 next week.

Price is still $75 shipped and paypal'd. Includes conversion components seen, as well as all fittings needed, new tubing, and a set of replacement seals.

For customers that have purchased a mechanical conversion kit from Deathwish_DW and myself, price is $65 shipped (make sure to let me know before paying via PM). If you want a mechanical conversion for these and do not yet have one, let me know before hand, and I can coordinate with Deathwish so you can pay all at once (he has all of the stock of the mech kits for shipping). Overseas/international shipping is not a problem, PM me for requests.

I have a backlog of requests in my email for these as well, I will be contacting everybody that has requested information on when they were available, but it will take me a few days to wade through the PMs. Feel free to shoot over a fresh one even if you know that you had sent one previously.
y0da900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #62 (permalink)
Tinkerer

CCM Fan
Pm sent.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #63 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Very nice....
google.com/+CarterBrown75
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #64 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Yoda, do the new style kits still require the extra external hose or not? I forget... Would be very interested in the XE version for the new GOG eNMEy...

EDIT: nvm, reading isn't my strong suit today..
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #65 (permalink)
MCB Member

Despite the edit - it depends on the willingness to modify the firing can. Since they can be snagged on ebay for a few bucks it isn't as big a deal as it used to be. I MAY try to stock up on some cans and donuts and sell them pre-modified for use with these, but that isn't high on the priority list compared with getting a start on getting the XE kits made.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #66 (permalink)
Gun Tech/Enthusiast

Send a message via Skype™ to Diveg

What mods are needed to be done to the firing can (in order to avoid using the external hose)? Is there a tutorial / installation instructions ?
Old 10-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #67 (permalink)
MCB Member

I just did a build with the internal hoses, I will try and get pictures of the modifications later.

But until then: The hexed portion of the firing can (behind the retaining ring for the donut) needs to be chopped off, and a groove cut into one of the sides of the donut next to the fitting that goes into it (side depends on routing preference, I cut both sides of the one I did because I wasn't sure which would work better. The longer slender black piece needs to be put into the firing can, and the new length of the tail marked on it - anything from that point back get cut off. Depending on where you cut, the threads for the air fitting in the black piece (10-32) may need to be chased a little bit deeper. A bit of plastic is removed from the underside of the exoskeleton to let the new tubing be routed to the back.

I need to get a few more exoskeletons because the only ones I have left have been cut for the earlier version which required significantly more material removal than the new kits. When it comes in, I will get pictures of an external installation as well.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #68 (permalink)
Gun Tech/Enthusiast

Send a message via Skype™ to Diveg

Sounds good.

Without having that parts in my hands a little bit hard to follow where the hose would actually be routed, but i think most people with a fair bit of technical skill will be able to do the required mods.

I mean a step by step picture instructions would be ideal, but we are all busy people so I understand if there wont be one.

P.S any news from Deathwish ? really want to get those parts in my hands, so that i can start on my ION project.

Last edited by Diveg; 10-27-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: spelling...
Diveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #69 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Deathwish_DW Send a message via Yahoo to Deathwish_DW

I'm alive. Whatcha need?
Proud Dealer of: J4 Paintball - Bob Long - DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG - Deadlywind - Valken

MCB Feedback 57+ (People don't really leave me feedback, lol :d)
PBN Feedback 314+
eBay Feedback 1906+
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #70 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yes - I'll be sending him some closed bolt kits so that people who want to get both kits at once can get them from one order and one shipment instead of paying both of us and receiving two separate packages.

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Dealers Forum