mcarterbrown.com  

Dealers Forum Paintball Dealer? Having a Special? Let us know here.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
So how about 2 versions: a valve body version for Phantoms/Nelsons and an ASA model ?
Maybe like the Line SI leverchangers the front end could be swapped from ASA to valve body.
this is the plan it will screw into the phantom valve body but the back will be the same for all units.

So you will buy the back part of it that will be the lever mechanism and 12g holder. then you will pick your options of either ASA and/or phantom valve. that way it stays true to the original that was phantom only but lets people in on the deal that don't have phantoms or want to mount vertically.

As for the adjustment screw and changing it to a sprung piston there is two problems, one your replying on a spring and if that goes your SOL till you get another one. and two more parts to make and that will increase cost I am already doing every thing i can to attempt to get this under 100 and that is going to be hard with the requirement of making it with the ASA/valve options.

for those asking why the price is so high raw metal cost are over twice what they were 2 years ago so, a part with $1 worth of metal when the original was made is now $2.20 and I have still been able to get it to only 20 over the originals cost when in reality it should be in the $150 range, I am beating my machinist up over the pricing!

Oh and before I forget, I have gotten it shorter not going to say exactly how much till the final product is out but it is roughly 1-2 inchs shorter and the adjustment screw is being shorted and sunk into the back as you only need a half turn at most this will save space also.

on a side note, I seem to have lost/stolen the phantom valve body I bought 6 months ago when I started to plan this out,anyone have one they want to sell me? If so let me know.

the interested list is updated with all new names

Playing 2/10 takes balls, but only a few
http://210paintball.com/ home of the 2 man 10 ball games
MCB Feedback
Morhaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
aka SoulCoffin

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
you can put me down for one.
TooningSpork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
HI = A Pumper's Paradise

Send a message via AIM to 808raoul

AKA Fan
Although I do have a Ninjadave V1 lever changer, I am very interested in this V2 changer. Please put me down for 1 also.

Anybody gots to sell:
-Line SI Bushmaster Pointman handle
-Racegun Halfblock Backblock (newer ver.)
808raoul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
Quoth the Server, 404

Call up CCI, sell your design to them, and then we can all enjoy lever changers for the $50 range in 6 to 12 months. Seriously, I think you should give it a shot.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
lol the MCB's version to Shark Tank.
D3adpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #26 (permalink)
Quoth the Server, 404

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3adpool View Post
lol the MCB's version to Shark Tank.
We should totally have that! A forum where people post their designs, and people bid on them! There's tons of people with original ideas around here.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #27 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
Need to wait and see the design. Maybe in for one. Feyd..............
Old 06-09-2011, 02:42 AM   #28 (permalink)
Original SWARM

"As for the adjustment screw and changing it to a sprung piston there is two problems, one your replying on a spring and if that goes your SOL till you get another one. and two more parts to make and that will increase cost I am already doing every thing i can to attempt to get this under 100 and that is going to be hard with the requirement of making it with the ASA/valve options."

The spring is not a heavily stressed part, it only preloads the seal before the pin touches the 12 gram, once the 12 gram is punctured the co2 pressure acts on the piston to increase the sealing pressure.
Also the 12 gram seal is captured in the piston so it doesn't get blown out when venting full 12ies.
Tom Kaye used this design 25 years ago in Micro CA valves,all the ones I have still work with the original seal and piercing pin ! How long do CCI pins last at $8 or so each ?

A complete TPX piercing assy costs $20, it uses a floating 12 gram seal and a solid pin.
remove the back cap and seal from the peircing pin to let it bottom out and create a rear flow path. the side port could be plugged or used as a retaining screw location.
Some BT SA-17 replacement parts are not yet available but you could use the lever as a starting point for the measurements on a compact one piece lever with a roller.

Last edited by Smiley; 06-09-2011 at 02:49 AM.
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Ok took a look at the AGD Micro Ca 2 as I can't find the First one on my phone. From what I remember they are very similar as far as the piercing is conserned. It basicly uses a regulator and a floating pierce pin, instead of a screw like ours does, the lever is fixed into position.let me know if I am wrong but it seems to me that you can build an elecric powered mouse trap or use the old design that is mechanical you get the same result a dead mouse. Adding a half inch to the front or a half inch to the back gets the same result it just removes the need to turn a knob a 1/4 turn.

The CA stands for constant air meaning it stores one shots worth in the valve while changing the 12g out so all the seals were there to support that function. I am not looking to get that out of the new version. What I want is a product that will achieve a simpile fast 12g changer that a 5 year old could trouble shoot. IE its not working turn this knob. A cheap pin assemble is the only part that should wear out. $5 every 5k+ 12ies or so.

I have not looked at the other two yet but I will when I get a chance.

Playing 2/10 takes balls, but only a few
http://210paintball.com/ home of the 2 man 10 ball games
MCB Feedback

Last edited by Morhaughn; 06-09-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Morhaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
Original SWARM

The check valve was an afterthought added to the later versions in the empty space inside the asa threads, so it could be an inch shorter without the asa threads and check valve. the floating seal is needed for the solid lever and roller design but it does automatically self adjust for different length 12 grams.

The TPX pierce valve is the only readily available part at this time and it is shorter than the AGD version.
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Dealers Forum