mcarterbrown.com  

DIY Tech Specific Tech How-To's for Customizing your Gun

Old 08-09-2014, 07:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Pumped a5?

Has anyone ever pumped an a5? Don't ask me why. I just think it'd be cool just to do for no other reason then just to say you did.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

there's a video on youtube of one but its just like the 98 pump kit. need a moded valve and soen way of puling the bolt forward then sques the trigger then push the bolt back. that's it.
thrasher_565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

well, the hammer spring would push the hammer (and bolt) forward. you mod the valve so there's no blowback, that way you have to pump it to recock it. it's simple in theory. the one valve i saw, the guy used a penny, and drileld a hole in the center the exact size as the valve pin. he then drilled three holes in the penny / valve, tapped the holes in the valve, and used some screws to bolt the penny to the back of the valve. this basically "plugs" the back of the valve, so little to no air escapes to blow the hammer back and re-cock the system.

you then just use whatever pump and rod setup you like to re-cock. the 98 custom stuff i think just had the pump handle around the barrel, and the rod was attached to the hammer through the side slot where you would normally cock it. on an a5, you could do that (you would need to milled a slot in the side), or maybe have the pump rod push the bolt back (as the bolt and hammer are linked together with an internal rod).

or, you could just plug the cyclone feed hole and operate the cyclone manually. or maybe something like use a 12-gram c02 charger and tac-cap, like i did here. go nuts...
Cyco-Dude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
well, the hammer spring would push the hammer (and bolt) forward. you mod the valve so there's no blowback, that way you have to pump it to recock it. it's simple in theory. the one valve i saw, the guy used a penny, and drileld a hole in the center the exact size as the valve pin. he then drilled three holes in the penny / valve, tapped the holes in the valve, and used some screws to bolt the penny to the back of the valve. this basically "plugs" the back of the valve, so little to no air escapes to blow the hammer back and re-cock the system.

you then just use whatever pump and rod setup you like to re-cock. the 98 custom stuff i think just had the pump handle around the barrel, and the rod was attached to the hammer through the side slot where you would normally cock it. on an a5, you could do that (you would need to milled a slot in the side), or maybe have the pump rod push the bolt back (as the bolt and hammer are linked together with an internal rod).

or, you could just plug the cyclone feed hole and operate the cyclone manually. or maybe something like use a 12-gram c02 charger and tac-cap, like i did here. go nuts...
ya what he said. the pump handle is just a phantom one. no idea about the rod if its custom or not.
thrasher_565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
A5 shotgun, amazing gun - Minnesota Scenario Paintball Forums
can't link the pic from work - but look here.
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions » DIY Tech