mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Dukie (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dukie/)
-   -   Overbore, Underbore, or Paint to Bore Match (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dukie/136120-overbore-underbore-paint-bore-match.html)

sonixr7 10-03-2010 01:06 AM

Overbore, Underbore, or Paint to Bore Match

Hello Dukie and fellow DRV owners, I have been shooting my DRV in my backyard and have not experienced any major problems.

I have a chronograph and was getting 270FPS on my first shot and then each consecutive shot the FPS got lower than the previous shot.

I am using a 10" stock Rainmaker barrel but I am unsure about the inner diameter. I am shooting Ultra Evil paint that measured between .678 to .682.

Do I need to use a overbore, underbore or paint to barrel match?

Will underboring increase my FPS on the DRV?

Thanks.

On a side note, I do love my DRV. I think it is the most fun I have had ever shooting a paintball gun/marker.

Crimson Death 10-03-2010 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonixr7 (Post 1491821)
Hello Dukie and fellow DRV owners, I have been shooting my DRV in my backyard and have not experienced any major problems.

I have a chronograph and was getting 270FPS on my first shot and then each consecutive shot the FPS got lower than the previous shot.

I am using a 10" stock Rainmaker barrel but I am unsure about the inner diameter. I am shooting Ultra Evil paint that measured between .678 to .682.

Thanks.

On a side note, I do love my DRV. I think it is the most fun I have had ever shooting a paintball gun/marker.

If you underbore to much you may chop paint. You might be able to underbore a little bit with Marbilizers but I wouldn't try it with Evil since it's really brittle.

I would just paint to bore match and see how that works. If you're still getting low fps ask Dukie how to do the hammer spring mod.

Edit: the more I think about it, even if you underbored and didn't break paint all the air would probably escape out of the sides of the cylinder.

dukie 10-03-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonixr7 (Post 1491821)

Thanks.

I don't know :)

Try them all and post some results! I can only spend so much time on it in the shop ( which is very little). On a bright note I now have a chrono that doesn't lie to me :).

I do get the same results of dropping speed over the course of a 12 gram. I suspect its due to cooling/pressure drop. Low shots per 12ie has a neccesary result of quickly cooling co2.

Try some electrical tape in your cylinders ( a small piece) to effectively underbore them and see what happens. I have never tried it since I was getting good speeds with the paint/barrel/cylinder match in the shop. The shop ain't a field though.

PistolRogue 10-07-2010 04:39 AM

Don't suppose you have any more of those stock Rainmaker barrels do ya? lol

sonixr7 10-07-2010 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITSPB-Rogue (Post 1497504)
Don't suppose you have any more of those stock Rainmaker barrels do ya? lol

I am in need of another one myself.

dukie 10-07-2010 08:35 AM

evil pipe = :thumbup:

I didn't think sizing barrels would work well. I was wrong. I don't know how a freak would perfrom as they are a rather abrupt transition, but you never know.

Crimson Death 10-07-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukie (Post 1497553)
evil pipe = :thumbup:

I didn't think sizing barrels would work well. I was wrong. I don't know how a freak would perfrom as they are a rather abrupt transition, but you never know.

how is a freak kit any different than an evil pipe kit?

dukie 10-07-2010 11:45 AM

It doesn't have an insert, it looks just like a standard barrel with a chamfer on the lead in.

freebird 10-07-2010 12:00 PM

freak with wwa tip FTW!

Crimson Death 10-07-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukie (Post 1497680)
It doesn't have an insert, it looks just like a standard barrel with a chamfer on the lead in.

Freaks are chamfered also.