mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sockhats are cool.

Send a message via AIM to Nevit

DSG - Paint Breaking in Feed Tube

I skimmed the first few pages and didn't see a thread about this so I thought id post up.

I own a 3rd Gen DSG #222 - Unmodified spring feed. Almost every time I play I will break a ball in the feed tube, which is a huge hassle. It slows down the plunger and gunks up all the new paint.

I have tried different pant from Valken Graffiti, DXS Basic Training even rock-hard Valken Infinity.
I also take special care not to let the spring "slam" down on the paint while re-loading.
Usually what happens is the ball closest to the spring breaks anyway or I will get hit in the gun and this will gunk up the feed tube. Either of these brings my ability to fire the marker effectively to a screeching halt until I can tear down the feed tube and clean it.

The solutions I have thought of include:
-Parabolic faced or rubber tipped (DM/Axe/Etha tip) spring plunger to cradle the paint and reduce breakage.
-Tooless Quick Strip of the feed tube for on-field cleaning

Things I want to avoid:
-Weaker Spring
-Shorter Feed Tube

Any insight to remedy or work around this issue is greatly appreciated.

-=Feedback Page=-
Nevit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
HUG?!

Brass N Wood Fan
When I twist the end of the tube after you just filled it I always put a finger in the way of the screw guide on the plunger. This helps on the spring pushing to hard on the plunger so it will not smack the balls. Could also try and glue a foamie on the end...

BTW the shorter feed tube has the same spring as the longer one.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sockhats are cool.

Send a message via AIM to Nevit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpaintball View Post
When I twist the end of the tube after you just filled it I always put a finger in the way of the screw guide on the plunger. This helps on the spring pushing to hard on the plunger so it will not smack the balls. Could also try and glue a foamie on the end...

BTW the shorter feed tube has the same spring as the longer one.
This is how I reload too, I try to ease the plunger down slowly. But paint always seems to break while I'm running around.

I guess I can glue a foamie to the plunger or maybe drill it out for a Dye soft tip. I wonder how much difference it would make.

A quick strip would still be ideal to field cleaning. I still always seem to get shot in the paint tube. It would be nice to re-insert with a clean tube without having to walk back to the pits.

-=Feedback Page=-
Nevit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevit View Post
This is how I reload too, I try to ease the plunger down slowly. But paint always seems to break while I'm running around.

I guess I can glue a foamie to the plunger or maybe drill it out for a Dye soft tip. I wonder how much difference it would make.

A quick strip would still be ideal to field cleaning. I still always seem to get shot in the paint tube. It would be nice to re-insert with a clean tube without having to walk back to the pits.
Do you have a full new style feed or an original feed recut? th reason i ask is that the spring actually poked throug the plunger in a loop to hang on to the plunger in the originals. If the loop snapped off it could cut the balls.

Also you do know that the last two shots in the feed are ALWAYS rock and cock right? the plunger wont turn a corner and you will chop the last or second last ball every time if you dont pay attention.

In theory you can field strip it. its only held in with the lower screw. just dont tigten it supper tight, or make up a thumbscrew for it.
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bubble bubble...

What I've found, at least with my DSG, is that when I'm running/diving/sliding the follower sort of bounces around, and usually ends up crunching the last ball. I have both the long and short feeds, and have found that both do this. It's usually only when there are a few shots remaining, as the spring has spread out most of the way and has weaker tension.
If the 'gh' in enough is pronounced 'f', the 'o' in women as a short 'i' sound, the 'ti' in nation as 'sh', and the 'i' in radio is pronounced as an 'ee' sound, then technically: "Ghotii" is pronounced "Fishy"
My Feedback
Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dukie