mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

PMR11 Reg Will Not Tighten

I picked up a well-kept 2011 PMR last week.

However, the regulator will not tighten down. The "nut" that the top of the regulator threads into keeps spinning. I removed the regulator and looked up into the body of the gun, and there is a hollow bolt with a provisions for a hex key, but tightening/loosening said bolt has no effect on the problem. Same goes for the small set screw directly under the barrel. The manual does not cover this, either.

Also, the Dye Ultralite that came with the gun looks exactly like the 2-piece barrel (black "front", silver "back"). Looking down the barrel, you can definitely see that is it comprised of two pieces. However, no amount of force will separate the two. It was my understanding that long ago some 2-pc barrels were glued/bonded together this way, rather than screwed. Am I out in left field on this?

To be honest, this whole electro thing is pretty "new hat" for me. For the past few years, it's been nothing but an A-5 for me. I play mainly woodsball with a pretty old school group of guys and we've tried to keep things pretty simple. However, a few have dropped in with newer stuff and not we all have the upgrade bug.

I would've preferred if everyone decided to play with pumps. The best games we've had were playing "civil war" with one hand-fed round.

Last edited by Drunkonunleaded; 09-12-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Drunkonunleaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Pics?
Old 09-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

From everything I can gather, it is supposed to swivel to allow macroline on either side, depending if you are right/left handed. If this is incorrect, please let me know. Worst case, someone searching will have an easier time finding an answer than I could.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've never seen a Dye/proto ASA with An actual "nut" on top. but for the swivel, the Sleeve that the macro fitting screws into is usually what lets you put it on the right/left side.

Do you actually have an Issue or is it just a concern?

As for the barrel a full pic would help determine what it is, but from the sound and look of it i'd say its glued together
Old 09-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

No issue, just a concern.

I taped the threads on the macro fittings and aired it up. Leaks out barrel. taped threads on grub screw under barrel. Hoping to re-lube tonight and see what happens.

The barrel is confirmed as a 1-piece. Every picture I've seen showed the threaded backs to have a knurling on them, as opposed to the smooth finish of mine.

At least this one happens to be decently matched to the case of Marballizer I just picked up.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

For the leak down the barrel put you finger in the breech from the barrel hole, stick it in the tip of the bolt to seal it, if it comes from the middle then it's one of the dynamic o-rings on the bolt or inside the top hat and such. If it doesn't then it's the front inner can (orange)or front outer static on the can (green). Manual probably explains it better.

Could you post a pic of the nut under the barrel?
Old 09-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Step over the line...

I've got a '11 pmr, sure doesnt have a nut like that on it...I wonder if that is an add-on by the previous owner. can it be taken off?

It may be just like you are saying where it is a swivel asa to allow the macro to be on either side. Since the pmr's come with a hyper "style" reg the macro port doesn't have the sleeve we are all used to that allows it to swivel (at least mine doesn't)

as for the leak, pull the bolt and start changing orings. that type of leak is common with the top hat orings
Honesty and Integrity are the basis of a true man. You cannot have one and expect the other. Both must be earned and fought for. It is not easy, nor should it be. I will not be tempted into making the easy decisions over the right ones
lurch_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

that nut is an indexing ring, in the 2011 rail it is used so that the braided hose always comes out on the pointing the grip frame, as they are made to fit the rail.

the reflex rail doesnt require this feature as its hyper3 has a swivel ring, whereas the rail's hyper3 doesn't.

this is normal for it to twist around stiffly, it should stop moving once the marker is aired up.

if its moving very freely or feels wobbly when aired up, give dye a call.
Techie is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dye