mcarterbrown.com  

Ebay Oddities Found something funny, out of place, or you just need to share it? Post those here

Old 11-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
They do ride on the rough side but you have to expect things to break when you treat them like crap. I was in the motorpool with my 1116 every night after being out all day doing missions. It's called preventive maintenance. That truck never let me down even with the tonnage of add on armor we added and red lining the damn thing all over Baghdad.

Actually the only thing that ever let me down was the lazy *** mechanics. It didn't matter what you brought in a vehicle for. Those turds would consider a complete rebuild operator level then sit there stuffing their faces with their "to-go" plates and watch us wrench for 10 hrs right after coming back from a 3 day mission. If we were lucky we could get one off his fat *** long enough to pass us a wrench.

/rant
Good rant Deuce, I have heard that same story many times. It's like the combat units change and the same mechanics stay over there to eat!
paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I gotta be honest. My Bn had excellent mechanics. Those guys could build an uparmored 1114 blindfolded in 2 days.

I was attached to Bde though running PSD for the Bde CO/CSM and our Bde mechanics were garbage. The only one that was worth a crap was a generator mech that would come up and lend a hand once in awhile just so he could learn something new.

The one good thing about 20hr days and and spending your one day "off" in the motorpool instead of doing something trivial like I dunno laundry is that it makes time go a lot faster.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Well, PBN had a skydeck, maybe MCB needs a hummer

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I gotta be honest. My Bn had excellent mechanics. Those guys could build an uparmored 1114 blindfolded in 2 days.

I was attached to Bde though running PSD for the Bde CO/CSM and our Bde mechanics were garbage. The only one that was worth a crap was a generator mech that would come up and lend a hand once in awhile just so he could learn something new.

The one good thing about 20hr days and and spending your one day "off" in the motorpool instead of doing something trivial like I dunno laundry is that it makes time go a lot faster.
I feel ya man, I had 3 mechanics and a moon dust covered motor pool for our entire RCP in afghanistan (13 vic's) I knew more about wrenching by the end of our deployment than the motor sgt...

But still.... I would never want a 998.
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Ebay Oddities