mcarterbrown.com  

Electronic and Mechanical Found a steal of a deal? Share the wealth! Link them here

Old 02-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castro #66 View Post
Well, as long as we're talking about the rounded backblock version being newer, yes. Now that you mention it, the blue one above looks a bit sharp, but I don't recall my red one being quite so. Perhaps it's the color contrast or just the flash shadows.

Kind of awful picture of my old one, but this one shows the back end the best of all I have. Also, from when I didn't care as much about matching parts as I did performance. Oh wait, that hasn't changed. :P
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...withextras.jpg
haha, yeah matching parts are overrated. The sniper with eblade above use to be mine Someday i hope to get another set of dye cockers. I would like two own all three styles. Ill wait till resale is like 100 bucks or something....
CustomCockers
Pbnation
Ebay
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Castro #66

Good luck with that! :P

By the time you find one that price, they'll all be eye-holed and halfblocked. Mine had an EBlade when I got it, but I got good money for it.

I'm telling you, if you see a whole '03 with factory parts... BUY IT! I won't share exact numbers, but I definitely didn't lose money on buying and turning mine.

TRUST
TRUSTER
Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

I find it rather funny all the ecitement on what was a really mediocre product in the first place. The Dye pneumatics were just barely better than the Psychoballisics that followed and it seems that everyone just forgot that the bolt lock design sucked. Not only did the twistlock have an affinity for screwing up, but then forced you to drill the backblock to create a suitable replacement afterward.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

i agree, the gun was pretty crappy but the body is the sex.
CustomCockers
Pbnation
Ebay
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Castro #66

Well, if you put the bolt in the proper way, it continues to work fine. As for the pnues, while the LPR was on the large side and the forward ram hole was a smaller barb size, they still worked great. If there's one thing about Cockers, it's that the vast majority of pnuematics work identically, and therefore matter only in preference. DYE 3-ways happen to be my personal favorite overall.

TRUST
TRUSTER
Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Electronic and Mechanical