mcarterbrown.com  

Electronic If it uses batteries, and fires paintballs... This is the place to sell it.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Leaking Shocktech Shocker SFT w/ HE bolt kit $225

Well, I just got this back from another member on MCB and unfortunately it has a leak where the manifold meets the body of the marker. As a result I'm forced to sell this AS-IS. As far as I know that is the only problem, I'm not a shocker tech(I don't know too much about them) so I can't really pinpoint any of the problems or fix them myself. All of the stock parts are included, and I'm also including an HE bolt kit with the package. I don't really want to part out anything, I'm just trying to get this thing sold.

The only upgrade it has as of right now is a virtue board(The HE bolt kit isn't installed but comes with the package). It's got quite a bit of wear on it and the rear grip frame screw has scratching all around it. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm including a 10" JJ 2 piece barrel. I would like to get $180 for everything... but it's OBO. At the moment I'm not really looking for trades, just looking for cash offers.

Pic of the HE bolt kit:

Last edited by sheriff_matt; 04-09-2012 at 07:07 PM.
sheriff_matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
TTT
Old 04-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

These are sweet shockers, I kinda miss my shocktech.

Just a quick pointer that might help you trouble shoot it. If your HPR is over 300 psi it will leak out of the manifold. The manifold is supposed to do in order to prevent the pressures from blowing the solenoid. So back your HPR down and see if it still leaks afterwards, hopefully this will fix it.

Good luck with the sale!
CON*RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CON*RAD View Post

Just a quick pointer that might help you trouble shoot it. If your HPR is over 300 psi it will leak out of the manifold. The manifold is supposed to do in order to prevent the pressures from blowing the solenoid. So back your HPR down and see if it still leaks afterwards, hopefully this will fix it.

Good luck with the sale!
Thanks! I'll have to try that later today and see if it works.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
rye

Quote:

Good luck with the sale!
not quite, it will leak out of the manifold because the solenoid is over pressurized and it is bypassing the solenoid, this is not a safety feature but damages your solenoid. The humphrey/parker solenoids do not have a "bleed off" like some other models.

The manifold is just an "adapter" to join/route the are flow between the body and solenoid.

Depending where it is leaking out of the manifold it could be the manifold orings (doubtfull unless it has been tampered with) "sail" oring, solenoid inserts, or the solenoid spool.
rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I guess that makes sense. Whenever I see a shocker with this problem, backing the HPR down has usually solved the leak for me. You seem to know more about it than I do, so I'll take your word for it. Thanks for the info, I learned something new today lol
CON*RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
rye

Quote:
I guess that makes sense. Whenever I see a shocker with this problem, backing the HPR down has usually solved the leak for me. You seem to know more about it than I do, so I'll take your word for it. Thanks for the info, I learned something new today lol
Thats why I posted it, yes backing down will stop the leak IF it hasnt damaged a spool oring.
rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Thanks for the help guys. I just don't have the time to mess with it at the moment.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
ttt
Old 04-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Price drop, $180 shipped/pp'd

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Electronic