mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Empire (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/empire/)
-   -   Empire Trracer Barrel Leak (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/empire/193465-empire-trracer-barrel-leak.html)

Mr.Smith 02-25-2012 08:53 PM

Empire Trracer Barrel Leak

Sorta pissed off at Empire right now, all three of my emails and two calls have gone un-answered, and i've tried posting on their forum. No luck.

So:

My trracer leaks down the barrel. That leads me to believe that its the cup seal causing it. I don't see anything wrong with it, and i've oiled it nicely. No cracks anywhere, everything is good.

Any suggestions? :mad:

Ir0nExpress 02-25-2012 08:56 PM

Flip the cup seal and see if it still does it!

Also, it took 10 days to get an RMA number from them when I had a slight problem with my trracer. By that time, I fixed my gun and sold the damn thing.

Mr.Smith 02-25-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ir0nExpress (Post 2228163)
Flip the cup seal and see if it still does it!

Also, it took 10 days to get an RMA number from them when I had a slight problem with my trracer. By that time, I fixed my gun and sold the damn thing.

I literally thought of the exact same thing just now lol.
Im actually really mad about the ****tyness of their service. Its been two weeks since the first email.

Mr.Smith 02-25-2012 09:14 PM

OK, flipped it, leak got quieter. I did notice a tiny nick on the cup seal, but I'm not sure its large enough to cause a leak.

Leak's still there. Fack.

iparadox 03-01-2012 02:45 PM

Having owned both the original PMI Trracer and the Empire Trracer, I've run into this common problem over the years. While super reliable, the weak spot on the Trracer is the cup seal. I've noticed that even the smallest nick will cause the marker to leak air. Replace your seal with a new one and it'll be fixed (especially since flipping it reduced your problem).

My old Trracer eats through cup seals like there's no tomorrow, I've noticed that CO2 will reduce the lifespan of the seals. Giving it a good coat of oil helps with the issue a bit.

Mr.Smith 03-01-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iparadox (Post 2236356)
Having owned both the original PMI Trracer and the Empire Trracer, I've run into this common problem over the years. While super reliable, the weak spot on the Trracer is the cup seal. I've noticed that even the smallest nick will cause the marker to leak air. Replace your seal with a new one and it'll be fixed (especially since flipping it reduced your problem).

My old Trracer eats through cup seals like there's no tomorrow, I've noticed that CO2 will reduce the lifespan of the seals. Giving it a good coat of oil helps with the issue a bit.

Thanks, i appreciate the reply and insight.
After sending like six angry emails to Empire, someone finally responded with an apology. They're sending me a new cup seal now. (i think?) Or at least they asked me for my shipping address. Lol.

Anyways, looks like it should be solved pretty soon.

iparadox 03-02-2012 01:23 PM

Maybe they'll send you another Trracer ;)