mcarterbrown.com  

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Old 07-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
Sniper Auto Trigger shoot down?

Well after having a regulator problem right out of the box which was solved with some more lube (saies the tech that fixed it at my local shop). Now it seems to loose a fair amount of velocity when I am auto triggering. Enough to make my arc the gun up substantially... I am hoping that sweet spotting the reg will help the situation, also I am ordering the Check It performance upgrade which I hope will help with recover time to keep the velocity up.

Currently I am running a TechT Hush bolt, TechT 0.670 barrel sizer with a Deadly Winds barrel and to start the day I chrono'd at about 265fps.

Since I still play with alot of speedballers and hardcore milsim I really could use the extra couple balls in the air before ducking back in and perferably on the target instead of the ground...

Anyone else have this problem or a possible solution?
Etek4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Panda with a Gun

CCM Fan
Adjust your lug
Old 07-21-2013, 12:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
I will adust that timing, it seems like the bolt is going far enough forward but there certainly is some room to improve. I forgot to mention that I also removed my front o-ring to smoothen my pump stroke. Certainly not helping me acheive a very good seal. Thank you I will let you know how it goes
Old 07-21-2013, 01:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Panda with a Gun

CCM Fan
U want your pump handle to be 1/8 if an inch from all the way forward when the hammer releases

That's what I aim for on my s6
Old 07-21-2013, 01:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
As someasianballer said: Adjust your hammer lug till the gap between the back block and body are around 1/8" when the hammer trips while autotriggering. Each gun is a little bit different but the majority of guns work great with that gap

Less makes the trigger feel funny and takes more pressure to trip the sear
More makes the velocity drop while autotriggering

I have converted many Autocockers over to Snipers with ATs and the Empire Sniper uses a very similar autotrigger to a CCM

I wouldn't worry about the o-ring on the front of the bolt. Stock CCMs have no orings on their bolts
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback

Last edited by EgoPossum; 07-21-2013 at 01:07 AM.
EgoPossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
The Panda with a Gun

CCM Fan
He is right about the orings

Personally I would remove all of them to make them smoother. If anything leave the rear one on but take the other two off for smoothness but no blowback if It bothers u
Old 07-21-2013, 03:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

its an air problem. even though you have lubed the reg, its not providing enough air when you are auto-triggering. swap out the reg to test. but i'm thinking that you have it too low in the pressure and its not keeping up when you are laying on the trigger.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
I would make sure the AT is timed properly before diving into the regulator.

As I said before most of the shootdown problems I have seen with AT'd Snipers has been caused by the timing.

I have only once seen a regulator issue and I was because under high rates of fire the reg would super-charge, which would make the velocity drop as if it didn't have enough air (Joys of cocker valves!)
The regulator on the Sniper is the same one that was on every stock WGP cocker of yester-year and is a proven design that has a decent flow rate when properly maintained.
If you have an extra reg sitting around I would toss it on your Sniper and see if there is shootdown.

Here is the Empire Sniper's manual

Go to page number 9 (at the bottom of the page)
I would make sure o-rings 87, 75 & 70 are clean and lubed. Remember that too much lube can cause just as many problems as too little.
I would also lightly lube the belville washer spring stack (part #102) and make sure the reg seat (part #64) is clean (leave this dry).

Any other problems I would talk to the people at Paintball Solutions
Email - tech@paintballsolutions.com
Phone - 1-800-220-3222 (USA) 1-866-685-0030 (Canada)
They are pretty good at helping you get your gear up and running
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback

Last edited by EgoPossum; 07-21-2013 at 04:11 PM.
EgoPossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
Lots of places to start then, I will get out tommorow and adjust the lug to see if that fixes it. Failing that I will take the reg apart, I only have one spare reg around that I could try but I have never actually used it before so that may or may not work for me. I guess I should also mention that there is only maybe a case and a half through this gun. Thank you all for the help so far, hopefully I will get this resolved this week
Old 07-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
Well adjusting the lug unfortunatly didn't make any improvement I will take the reg apart and hopefully the tech who was in there just overlubed it.

The reason he was in there in the first place was because when it was shot one ball at a time it would lose velocity with each shot (ie 100ft, 75ft, 50ft, 25ft, 10ft, 10ft...) BUT when you auto triggered everything would return to normal and I got great distance... Now I have the opposite problem...

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire