mcarterbrown.com

Featuring Death Team Featuring Death

Old 10-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
A man without a mission

Brass N Wood Fan
I've survived thus far

JJust thought I'd make a quick post to say I have made it throu week 0, got all my kit, been working long hours getting it ready
Pvt.Burghgraef
Flying Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Featuring Death

CCM Fan
Congrats, have fun running!
Old 10-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

I've been told that you should avoid falling ill to the "Basic Hot" syndrome; although apparently everyone is soo much more beautiful on the other side. HAHA!

Good Luck Ryan!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Thanks for making the commitment! Play the game well and stay safe...

Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Blue View Post
...Asking if anyone wants brass on MCB is like going to a Weight Watchers meeting and asking if anybody wants ice cream.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
A man without a mission

Brass N Wood Fan
Update from the O'mega in the Mega:
I'm headed home tomorrow. I'm off untill the 6th or 7th of January. I need a few things while I'm home:
- awsome home cooked meals (folks have that covered)
- consistant temperature shower (shower at home has this one covered)
- racing fix (working on that one)
- paintball fix
the last need is were y'all come in, I know Keys is trying to figure something out for montreal, and once I get home I'll do some searching cause I have too much time on my hands and I'll organize something.
I'll post more and we can chat some time, if anyone wants to get together over a few drinks one night or somthing aswell, I'd be game. But I gotta run, so take it easy, and I'm still alive and doing great.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Inconceivable!

If you're green sector, the trick for the showers is to keep the pressure low. Reefing on the faucets will guarantee the hot-cold-hot-cold sensation you all love.

Also, someone has yet to confirm that the 3rd floor is in fact a giant dust bunny factory. But we're all convinced it is.

And the Farnham field ex is an amazing, if miserable, time. The week before the final is more brutal even though you get more sleep. The actual final sleep dep week is just a blast. But don't do like me and get into an actual fight with the actors because they forgot the safeword and struggled, thinking that compliance holds aren't something we're allowed to do. I was lucky my instructors knew what happened and that the actor's story didn't line up at all.

Also, take it from experience: Wear a windbreaking layer if that final FTX is in the dead of winter. Your raincoat (new CADPAT or the old-school garbage bag) is fine. Sleep dep has a way of ruining your body's means of self-regulating your temperature so those -30 windchills cutting right through your ice jacket will make you utterly miserable.

What's your element? Trade?

Crazy question, the timeline for your course is about right: Is there a Pte. Busse on your course? Blonde french girl, had bad luck with courses in the past. She was in my Basic and she's pushing through with another course.

Last edited by TrracerAce; 12-16-2011 at 02:31 PM.
TrracerAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
A man without a mission

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrracerAce View Post
If you're green sector, the trick for the showers is to keep the pressure low. Reefing on the faucets will guarantee the hot-cold-hot-cold sensation you all love.

Also, someone has yet to confirm that the 3rd floor is in fact a giant dust bunny factory. But we're all convinced it is.

And the Farnham field ex is an amazing, if miserable, time. The week before the final is more brutal even though you get more sleep. The actual final sleep dep week is just a blast. But don't do like me and get into an actual fight with the actors because they forgot the safeword and struggled, thinking that compliance holds aren't something we're allowed to do. I was lucky my instructors knew what happened and that the actor's story didn't line up at all.

Also, take it from experience: Wear a windbreaking layer if that final FTX is in the dead of winter. Your raincoat (new CADPAT or the old-school garbage bag) is fine. Sleep dep has a way of ruining your body's means of self-regulating your temperature so those -30 windchills cutting right through your ice jacket will make you utterly miserable.

What's your element? Trade?

Crazy question, the timeline for your course is about right: Is there a Pte. Busse on your course? Blonde french girl, had bad luck with courses in the past. She was in my Basic and she's pushing through with another course.
Thanks for the advice, I'll have to put it to use.

I am Army, Vehicle Tech...or willl be lol

As for Busse, I have seen her, but she aint on my platoon. I think she graduated a few weeks back if memory serves me correctly.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Inconceivable!

And you should totally fall into the 'Basic Hot' trap. They will never look so good again!
TrracerAce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » Featuring Death