mcarterbrown.com
 

Feedback Post your good experiences buying guns and gear here. Also let us know who to keep an eye on.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2013, 04:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxpro69 View Post
^^thanks stimpy

in the screenshot john posted
i admitted i made the mistake already.

and did send tht member another pm a few hours later apologizing and explaining, did he include it in the screenshot?
lxlfeng is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 05:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2012

and the air adapter group is still not working, i have replaced the orings but its still leaking. if anyone has any idea on how to fix it please let me know.
lxlfeng is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 05:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Yomillio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxlfeng View Post
Hi all,

i only recently found out about the essay Yomillio wrote. I hate to take part
in petty arguments, but i would like to say a few things in my defense:

1. i was sold a faulty marker that was misrepresented as working perfectly.

2. i filed a dispute to protect myself. I have no idea it would lead to an account freeze, thought it would only happen if it were escalated to a claim. I only just found out when i read his essay.

3. I did pm Yomillio about the paypal dispute i filed. While i waited for his reply, he came up with the essay that misrepresented certain facts.

4. If i did not take the phantom apart, how was i gonna fix it? I thought i fixed it initially when i managed to replaced the orings, but the leak was still there. I have spent a few days trying to figure out where the leak is, but im still stuck. Theres a hissing sound that seems to come from within the air adapter group whenever i air it up, so i thought it was leaking from the sight rail holes.

5. I admit that i made a mistake not posting about the leak in my sales thread.


*Yomillio, i am sorry if i have offended you in any way, but i do not appreciate you going behind my back like this without discussing with me first.

let me know what you guys think. i will resolve the paypal case right away if you guys think i am at fault.
My short, civil responses (and don't worry, I take no offense other than the fact that you say I misrepresented certain facts, because at no time have I done such a thing):

1.) It was sold to you in working condition. If it were leaking when I sold it, it would be absolutely remiss of me to list it as being in working condition. I have listed many a marker in non-working, disassembled, or leaking condition, and made sure the appropriate description was part of the listing. If it developed a leak somehow during shipping, I was more than willing to help you fix it. I only stopped trying to help after I found that the marker was completely disassembled to pieces and that you filed a $30 PayPal dispute. Your intentions become pretty clear at that point - that my efforts of helping you fix a marker that was essentially in pieces are pretty moot.

2.) I understand your concern here, but you gave me no chance to reconcile the situation before filing the dispute you did. If I were unreasonable, THEN is the best time to file a dispute. If I'm not mistaken, you would have had about another 2 weeks to file. I hate to think that I were unreasonable at any point - you know I was there to answer your questions and help you out as promptly as I could.

3.) You PM'ed me about the dispute on Monday, about 48 hours after the dispute was filed, and ALSO after I exchanged a handful of messages with you. In fact, it was about midway through our messages over the weekend that I noticed the email about the dispute came in and was terribly surprised, as one might say. You mentioned nothing to me in PM form about it until Monday afternoon. I did not respond as I had already attempted to help you fix the problem, and again, your intents were clear at that point so I had no desire to keep wasting my time on a problem that would only be resolved in an unfair manner.

4.) Disassemble the valve to help fix it? Sure, that's fine. Disassemble the entire maker and mix it with some of your own parts and sell it off around the same time that you file a dispute about the transaction? Questionable, at the very best.

5.) Good on you.

As to the "going behind your back": I'm sure you can appreciate the fact that I felt obligated to seek consul on the matter, and I'm sorry if it offended you for me to do so.

For the "misrepresentation of certain facts": Please, feel free to ask or point out where I falsified or otherwise presented the matter unfairly and I will be happy to speak to it. Granted, by story is not without the bias of someone in my position, but I have done my absolute best to present the facts as objectively as possible. If there is something I said that is untrue or otherwise slanted, please feel free to ask me to clarify or correct it - I will assuredly do so. As it is now, I stand by all comments and facts that I have made 100%.

This will likely be my last post here unless asked to provide clarification on facts or supply other evidence. If any members have any questions for me regarding this matter, please feel free to message me or post in any of the relevant threads.
Yomillio is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 05:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomillio View Post
My short, civil responses (and don't worry, I take no offense other than the fact that you say I misrepresented certain facts, because at no time have I done such a thing):

1.) It was sold to you in working condition. If it were leaking when I sold it, it would be absolutely remiss of me to list it as being in working condition. I have listed many a marker in non-working, disassembled, or leaking condition, and made sure the appropriate description was part of the listing. If it developed a leak somehow during shipping, I was more than willing to help you fix it. I only stopped trying to help after I found that the marker was completely disassembled to pieces and that you filed a $30 PayPal dispute. Your intentions become pretty clear at that point - that my efforts of helping you fix a marker that was essentially in pieces are pretty moot.

2.) I understand your concern here, but you gave me no chance to reconcile the situation before filing the dispute you did. If I were unreasonable, THEN is the best time to file a dispute. If I'm not mistaken, you would have had about another 2 weeks to file. I hate to think that I were unreasonable at any point - you know I was there to answer your questions and help you out as promptly as I could.

3.) You PM'ed me about the dispute on Monday, about 48 hours after the dispute was filed, and ALSO after I exchanged a handful of messages with you. In fact, it was about midway through our messages over the weekend that I noticed the email about the dispute came in and was terribly surprised, as one might say. You mentioned nothing to me in PM form about it until Monday afternoon. I did not respond as I had already attempted to help you fix the problem, and again, your intents were clear at that point so I had no desire to keep wasting my time on a problem that would only be resolved in an unfair manner.

4.) Disassemble the valve to help fix it? Sure, that's fine. Disassemble the entire maker and mix it with some of your own parts and sell it off around the same time that you file a dispute about the transaction? Questionable, at the very best.

5.) Good on you.

As to the "going behind your back": I'm sure you can appreciate the fact that I felt obligated to seek consul on the matter, and I'm sorry if it offended you for me to do so.

For the "misrepresentation of certain facts": Please, feel free to ask or point out where I falsified or otherwise presented the matter unfairly and I will be happy to speak to it. Granted, by story is not without the bias of someone in my position, but I have done my absolute best to present the facts as objectively as possible. If there is something I said that is untrue or otherwise slanted, please feel free to ask me to clarify or correct it - I will assuredly do so. As it is now, I stand by all comments and facts that I have made 100%.

This will likely be my last post here unless asked to provide clarification on facts or supply other evidence. If any members have any questions for me regarding this matter, please feel free to message me or post in any of the relevant threads.
thanks for the reply Yomillio. even though i dont agree on everything u said,
i shall not go into every single petty detail of this matter.


The bottomline is you still sold me a leaking marker, something that was misrepresented.

It was my fault for putting up the leaking air adapter group for sale, but what is wrong with selling the other pieces? the marker wasnt working, so i broke it down and use the other parts for another marker. Is there anything wrong with that? could someone please shed some light on this issue.
lxlfeng is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com
 
Titus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Group W Bench

This just sounds too shady to me.
__________________
Feedback
Dealer for APP, CCI, Nelson, Leland, Valken, Tippmann, & Procaps.

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Gobble Gobble...
 
HokiePB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I guess the question is: would you have taken the Paypal refund and then instead of returning it sold one of us the supposedly defective valve body as a working part?

Your actions give the impression that you intended to do exactly that.

The fact that you changed the description of the part to "non-working" (only after bwing called out by a mod on another forum) doesn't change your initial actions.
__________________
__________________________

Some of my collection

My MCB Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
Old guns are more fun for me than new guns. I play paintball for fun. I don't play to win any more than I have sex to make babies.
HokiePB is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 07:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiePB View Post
I guess the question is: would you have taken the Paypal refund and then instead of returning it sold one of us the supposedly defective valve body as a working part?

Your actions give the impression that you intended to do exactly that.

The fact that you changed the description of the part to "non-working" (only after bwing called out by a mod on another forum) doesn't change your initial actions.
yea it does convey that motive..

i guess i screwed up big, so sorry about that.
lxlfeng is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012

Sorry, but you can't double-dip and not expect to get burned. You are clearly attempting to get double compensation from paypal buyer protection AND sell off the marker in parts.

That being said, I am pretty sure you can easily fix your "leaking" issue.
1) inspect O-rings are perfect or replace O-rings (especially the cup seal, that is the O-ring most prone to wear/damage)
You can even just flip the cup seal around so its using a fresh surface, see if that helps. Make sure you are not missing any O-rings, refer to user manual.
2) reinstall all air fittings with teflon tape
3) cut and use new macrolines

Because you attempted to sell off the parts in pieces and not assembled, I can only assume you are having trouble reassembling everything. Please refer to user manual located on phantomonline.com

Last edited by m1yeh; 01-31-2013 at 07:22 PM.
m1yeh is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1yeh View Post
Sorry, but you can't double-dip and not expect to get burned. You are clearly attempting to get double compensation from paypal buyer protection AND sell off the marker in parts.

That being said, I am pretty sure you can easily fix your "leaking" issue.
1) inspect O-rings are perfect or replace O-rings (especially the cup seal, that is the O-ring most prone to wear/damage)
You can even just flip the cup seal around so its using a fresh surface, see if that helps. Make sure you are not missing any O-rings, refer to user manual.
2) reinstall all air fittings with teflon tape
3) cut and use new macrolines

Because you attempted to sell off the parts in pieces and not assembled, I can only assume you are having trouble reassembling everything. Please refer to user manual located on phantomonline.com
i swear that was not my intention.

thanks for the advice. im no expert with the phantom, but i do know how to assemble it, i didnt here because it was missing the feedneck and pump handle and i did reinstall the air fittings with teflon.
lxlfeng is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oh Hi Oh

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxlfeng View Post
i swear that was not my intention.

thanks for the advice. im no expert with the phantom, but i do know how to assemble it, i didnt here because it was missing the feedneck and pump handle and i did reinstall the air fittings with teflon.
Try swapping the valve o ring as well as the cup seal (unscrew the little brass knob at the end of the power tube, it'll be right there. Again, refer to the manual). Be sure to put a very small drop of oil on the seal as well as the o ring.

It's impossible for it to leak out of the 2 holes in the top, unless you actually took a drill to them. If you know that you put the air lines in correctly and those aren't leaking, then one of those seals are your issue. Both of those seals, combined, would be no more than $4 shipped directly from CCI. The time it takes to do this entire process is 10 minutes, and that's if you really have no idea how to take the valve apart.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floundah View Post
Now that's something worth fundraising for, an MCB zombie defense fort. With indoor fields. And blackjack. And hookers.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline  
Closed Thread

  mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Feedback

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC