mcarterbrown.com

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 03-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibyman View Post
The Flounder-- wow +/- 4 using co2?? Have you tried using hpa yet or do you prefer co2 for some reason. I believe Trinity posted on his blog that his SR1 was getting +/- 2 or 3. Pretty impressive results so far from the CCM rifle. My only concern with the SR1 so far is the reload time and the shells ejecting. I could probably modify a small canvas bag with hinge to catch the shells and that can be flipped foward (so the shells dont fall out) for reloading.
I believe there is a "static" shell which stays in the chamber and all you have to do is feed the ball itself into marker so thus eliminating the shell ejection. Plus, this would also reduce the number of shells you would need to buy/carry onto the field.
-=ArchAngel=- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
I believe there is a "static" shell which stays in the chamber and all you have to do is feed the ball itself into marker so thus eliminating the shell ejection
You can do it either way. The set screw on top lock in the shell if you only want to feed FS from the back (through the shell) instead of switching out shell each time.
pk5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
1.T9.1
2.HammerHead 8 inch with a flascc surpressor out front
3.110 yds at davis big game last month.You are not safe in the back anymore haha!!Verified with range finder and a witness's.
4.HPA and 12 grams.Not a fan of the stock off the back of the gun,I am a bottom line guy.I am working on something.On hpa great preformance I try to chrony every shot when at the range.With weighed and sized fsr's +or- 5/6 fps.12 grams I use as a set for regular play and ranges.Jumps around a bit say + or - 8/10 fps.Not bad for shorter usage (60yds or below)
5.Tiberius adjustable rail,in co2 mode adco edot,long range was the tiberius 4x scope.Going with something else as a scope later this year.
6.n/a
7.Spent lets see,gun off ebay didn't work lots of acessorries $300 sold off what I didn't need say 240 total.HH barrel 90,flassc suppresor/adaptor 65,came with scope,riser,Adco edot 90 several years ago(great pb warrenty)parts kit 30.For the money great gun to get into the fsr world.
8.Having bought mine inop was a curse and blessing!You learn alot.A t9.1 is not pull your bolt out and lube put it back together gun.You get used to it.Generally what the man uvhalo said mags dropping paint miss feeds ect.I seem to have worked through alot of the problems.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
1. CCM SR-1
2. Stock Barrel 14 inches .689 bore usually use the .686 shell sizer.
3. about 150 yards was the longest shot that broke on someone.
4. +/- 5 using the virtue gun. Used 12 grams. Heard its +/- 1 or 2 with HPA
5. I use the Tiberus FSR RiserV2. I use a red dot when I'm solo and a 3x9 50mm scope when I have a "spotter."
6. 1 shot per 5 or so seconds. I rather not have to worry about mags. I like it the way it is now. Having a mag fed setup I'd have to buy mags, buy mag holders, buy a rig to put said mags on. Right now I just use a fanny pack with 2 compartments for FSRs and normal paint.
7. Close to $550
8. No issues what so ever.

The Flounder where'd you get the cocker tib fsr barrel?

Last edited by Crimson Death; 03-06-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
1. Trracer and Hammer 7
2. Stock on both, which is .687 ish on the Hammer. Not sure on the Trracer
3. Longest current shot is 150 feet, measured out with a tape measure.
4. Hammer 7 using HPA +/-5 with good paint/FS rounds. Not sure on the Trracer. Optical chrono and Virtue Clock.
5. Inexpensive red dot I acquired from my Secret Santa a couple of years ago.
6. I recommend *AGAINST* the Trracer, as hand loading it is annoying. I like the Hammer magazines, save the fact that the follower must be released manually. Dye got the magazines down pretty well.
7. Hammer 7 - $130 6 additional mags @ $30 each = $180 Total investment $310
8. The Hammer 7 needs to have the cupseal checked and "wedged" into place before use. I used a wrap of electrical tape to increase the friction to keep the cupseal from backing off. The magazines are a little rough on paint, and *will* break fragile paint. They can be annoying to clean out as they have a small spring that wants to escape during both assembly and disassembly.

As the Tiberius markers are going pretty cheap these days, you can pick one up used for the same price as a new Hammer 7. Magazine wise the best value seems to be in the Dye DAM, as their mags run around $13 each versus the hammer which are $25 to $35.

Just my two cents...

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685

Current Freak compatible inserts in stock:
.665 = 0, .670 = 16, .675 = 3, .678 = 4, .680 = 4, .682 = 4, .685 = 11

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

Couple more questions about the SR1...
Can a stock be attached that holds a 13ci tank?
Any word on if the SR1 is available for sale yet or if not when it will be?
Has anyone used the cocker thread adapter to put on a hammerhead barrel? Does it make a difference in performance at all?
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

My setup

1. CCM SR-1
2. Lapco Tiberius First strike rifled barrel with cocker threads
3. Have yet to use it on the field but I have shot it and hit man sized target at 60 yards hopeing to do batter
4. +/- 5 using the virtue gun. Used 12 grams. Heard its +/- 1 or 2 with HPA
5. I use the Tiberus FSR RiserV2. I have a EOTECH and a 3X flip magnifier.
6. 1 shot per 5 or so seconds. I
7. Over $1000 because of the sight. I have more $ in what is above the FSR then below.
8. No issues what so ever.
Swamp Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Wink

Quote:
Couple more questions about the SR1...
Can a stock be attached that holds a 13ci tank?
Any word on if the SR1 is available for sale yet or if not when it will be?
Has anyone used the cocker thread adapter to put on a hammerhead barrel? Does it make a difference in performance at all?

I'll take this one on,

With regards to the first question one might could create a modification but you have to understand the bolt when in the rear position protrudes into the buffer tube, so probably not.

Here was my solution:

A "Chicago Style" mounted 13ci SR-1

Q2)As for availability Bill stated the SR-1will not go into production anytime soon. But who knows at this point.

Q3) I have not tried a cocker barrel and probably won't until CCM creates an adaptor that accepts both shells and cocker threaded barrels. I want to become proficient with changing shells.

If you take some time to read the SR-1 section you will see that Hammerhead as well as The now defuct End Game barrels have been given high marks.

Hope this helps.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
I'll take this one on,

With regards to the first question one might could create a modification but you have to understand the bolt when in the rear position protrudes into the buffer tube, so probably not.

Here was my solution:

A "Chicago Style" mounted 13ci SR-1

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...go_Style_3.jpg

Q2)As for availability Bill stated the SR-1will not go into production anytime soon. But who knows at this point.

Q3) I have not tried a cocker barrel and probably won't until CCM creates an adaptor that accepts both shells and cocker threaded barrels. I want to become proficient with changing shells.

If you take some time to read the SR-1 section you will see that Hammerhead as well as The now defuct End Game barrels have been given high marks.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info DSA. I'm looking the get a FSR gun by October this year and this info will help a lot in deciding.

Is anyone on here going to Supergame 45 in oregon that has an SR1? I'd like to see one in person.
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Thanks for the info DSA. I'm looking the get a FSR gun by October this year and this info will help a lot in deciding.

Is anyone on here going to Supergame 45 in oregon that has an SR1? I'd like to see one in person.

Trinity is going. you can tag up with him here on mcb.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike