mcarterbrown.com
 

First Strike Everything first strike related

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2013, 02:49 AM   #141 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P
 
uv_halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008

The hammerhead for the test gun (Tiberius 9.1) does not use fins.
__________________
FN303SD Totmacher 13 | SP 'Woodstalker' Ion | 1989 Line SI Bushmaster SI Deluxe
First Strike Round Field Listing | External Ballistics, FSRs and PBs | My Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #142 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.
 
Donut SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SoCal, USA

Got ahold of LAPCO, they're out due to high demand. But are expecting more in a couple weeks. It's not on site and you have to get ahold of them to order currently. I want to, but what's holding me back is the .683 size. The current batch of FSR that I have are all .686 or so.

I don't want it too tight to hold back the round from it's purpose. The way it's going I might have the rep put me on the list anyway...
__________________
My Feedbacks My youtube channel Boxgun vs Duckslide showdown My cooking sessions; Calzone, California Club Pizza Project notes: KP disassembly and valve repair notes


For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Because it's SO hard to convince you to get a new gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by lechooch View Post
mommy loves her lechooch
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #143 (permalink)
Shoots First
 
redthirst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
Got ahold of LAPCO, they're out due to high demand. But are expecting more in a couple weeks. It's not on site and you have to get ahold of them to order currently. I want to, but what's holding me back is the .683 size. The current batch of FSR that I have are all .686 or so.

I don't want it too tight to hold back the round from it's purpose. The way it's going I might have the rep put me on the list anyway...
Any chance they said anything about maybe doing a larger bore rifled barrel?
__________________
"Lulzwut ain't no country I ever heard of! They type English in Lulzwut?"
"lulzwut?"
"English, mother ******! Can you type it?"

Feedback: Spec Ops, MCB, PbN, eBay
redthirst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #144 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.
 
Donut SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SoCal, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by redthirst View Post
Any chance they said anything about maybe doing a larger bore rifled barrel?
He just got back to me via email on that one. 683 is currently all they offer for the cocker threaded rifled barrel. The reason being that it was focused to marketed for the DAM and Hammer7

EDIT: my assumption being 683 being a normal size to switch naturally between your paint and FSR without having to change fins/inserts. This barrel is all one-piece.
__________________
My Feedbacks My youtube channel Boxgun vs Duckslide showdown My cooking sessions; Calzone, California Club Pizza Project notes: KP disassembly and valve repair notes


For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Because it's SO hard to convince you to get a new gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by lechooch View Post
mommy loves her lechooch
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #145 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012

Is it possible to use a Hammerhead without the fin? Which thread are they?
wingbatwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #146 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P
 
uv_halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingbatwu View Post
Is it possible to use a Hammerhead without the fin? Which thread are they?
I dunno- except they are definitely not a thread used on any marker.
__________________
FN303SD Totmacher 13 | SP 'Woodstalker' Ion | 1989 Line SI Bushmaster SI Deluxe
First Strike Round Field Listing | External Ballistics, FSRs and PBs | My Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #147 (permalink)
2 Infinity and Beyond!
 
desertT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vail, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingbatwu View Post
Is it possible to use a Hammerhead without the fin? Which thread are they?
From another thread in the Kingman area:

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
If anybody cares, the Hammerhead barrel thread (the side that goes into the fins) is ~.852-32 with a minor diameter of ~.819.
__________________

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #148 (permalink)
Shoots First
 
redthirst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingbatwu View Post
Is it possible to use a Hammerhead without the fin? Which thread are they?
In a similar vein - does anyone know if it's possible to convert HH threads to Autococker and, if so, who you could get to do something like that (the one guy I know who'd cocker thread anything is banned)?
__________________
"Lulzwut ain't no country I ever heard of! They type English in Lulzwut?"
"lulzwut?"
"English, mother ******! Can you type it?"

Feedback: Spec Ops, MCB, PbN, eBay
redthirst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #149 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Rover Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycelarson View Post
We noticed in earlier accuracy tests that the first strikes were more more accurate at longer ranges. At close range they weren't that much better than paint. It appears that pre-spinning them gets you a ton of close range accuracy - which will help at long range as well.
Excellent. I have shot several thousand FS over the years and noticed that under 30 meters or so they really have a bit of a spread. It's good to know that you saw this as well.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #150 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by redthirst View Post
In a similar vein - does anyone know if it's possible to convert HH threads to Autococker and, if so, who you could get to do something like that (the one guy I know who'd cocker thread anything is banned)?
Staunchy said he would i think. Tymcneer is also a possibility
__________________
If you want to talk email me.
Wagz86@gmail.com
PS3 network: Keebler1337
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC