mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 05-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I have silver advantage shell orange fill event evil..... I will check but its been good for a while. Logo has warn off or leached off but still round.

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
cool.

I think they are a good idea.

They would just have to have further development.

My original thought was First Strike works very well why not paintballs themselves.

Especially for the mag fed guns.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

NEW STORE http://store.chipleymachine.com/

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
How's Those golf Balls Shoot?
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
You don't wanna be shot with the golf ones. I took one to the hip at close range and dropped like a sack of potatoes. Those things freaking HURT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
The thought occurred to me this morning on my way in to the shop.

Could we be seeing the last days of gelatin paintballs?

If First Strike is accepted by the powers to be then why not paintballs made from the same material? I know Perfect Circle already does this but not on a scale to supply the industry.And they cater to a specific industry.

The benefits would be phenomenal. Perfect round paintballs with a controlled skin. All the same size all the time.No heat or cold issues,no storage issues,won't go bad. All the issues that plague gelatin would go away.

Even the gun issues with gelatin would go away. You could use stiffer springs in the magazines.You could leave magazines loaded for a longer time.

It would offer better gun designs that would function better.

The skin could be designed to be more frangible,bio-degradable and so on.

And to manufacture such a product the system is already in place.The cost would be minimal compared to paintball making machines.

This would also allow more companies to be involved in developing a superior product.

This could even go into the realm of almost real style bullet design.Which would lead into a more reliable gun design.

These ideas could still fit within the safety specifications and rules regarding product safety.

Think of the issues that you yourself have with gelatin paintballs.

That's just my thoughts. I'm ready to move forward.
The polystyrene used isn't food safe IIRC. The gelatin rounds however are, and while nobody tends to eat these things I know I have received many a shot where I have tasted shell and paint.

I don't disagree with you, just playing a little devils advocate.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
You don't wanna be shot with the golf ones. I took one to the hip at close range and dropped like a sack of potatoes. Those things freaking HURT.

I just went outside and shot a few thru my rifle and they fly like a bat.

I was using a HH rifled barrel.

I also shot the practice pepper ball. They shot fairly good as in I hit a 4'x4' sign at 60 yards. I didn't hit it at all with the golf balls.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys_JR View Post
The polystyrene used isn't food safe IIRC. The gelatin rounds however are, and while nobody tends to eat these things I know I have received many a shot where I have tasted shell and paint.

I don't disagree with you, just playing a little devils advocate.

I don't have any knowledge of that.

I don't even know if editable is part of the requirements for manufacturing paintballs.

Ecc. 9-10

Old 05-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

I would assume that if its edible it must be biodegradable.
Donut SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Our cutting oil for our machines is biodegradable but I sure wouldn't drink it.

biodegradable means mixes with water.lol

Ecc. 9-10

Old 05-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
The thought occurred to me this morning on my way in to the shop.

Could we be seeing the last days of gelatin paintballs?

If First Strike is accepted by the powers to be then why not paintballs made from the same material? I know Perfect Circle already does this but not on a scale to supply the industry.And they cater to a specific industry.

The benefits would be phenomenal. Perfect round paintballs with a controlled skin. All the same size all the time.No heat or cold issues,no storage issues,won't go bad. All the issues that plague gelatin would go away.

Even the gun issues with gelatin would go away. You could use stiffer springs in the magazines.You could leave magazines loaded for a longer time.

It would offer better gun designs that would function better.

The skin could be designed to be more frangible,bio-degradable and so on.

And to manufacture such a product the system is already in place.The cost would be minimal compared to paintball making machines.

This would also allow more companies to be involved in developing a superior product.

This could even go into the realm of almost real style bullet design.Which would lead into a more reliable gun design.

These ideas could still fit within the safety specifications and rules regarding product safety.

Think of the issues that you yourself have with gelatin paintballs.

That's just my thoughts. I'm ready to move forward.
innovation? in this industry? PEH! the ones profiting from the status quo would never see to it, even if they can further benefit from the change
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike