mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 06-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #41 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
In other words it's just bull **** over a beer.
And that children is how a thread is born
Donut SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #42 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

I just don't see the need, personally. I mean, with quality paint (Redemption, GI 4-Star, etc) and a proper bore match, both my Phantom and my eNMEy will put ball-on-ball all day long, don't break balls, and the paint breaks reliably on target.

Sure, you might could make a "better" paintball using the shell technology from the FSR, but at what cost? The whole reason I don't shoot FSRs is because of the .40-apiece price tag (as opposed to the roughly .04-apiece I pay for good, high-quality paint). I don't believe for a second that this new magic ball could possibly shoot 10x better than what I'm shooting now (there's not that much room for improvement), therefore it just wouldn't be worth 10x the cost. Not a chance.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #43 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
My thoughts was not for a better paintball for existing guns. I was thinking along the lines of mil-sim mag fed guns.

I guess I should have clarified my thoughts. Paintballs are fine for paintball guns.

They just don't do well in mag fed guns.

Which is I assume a small portion of paintball industry.I really don't know.

I was assuming being in the First Strike forum we were talking mil-sim guns.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

NEW STORE http://store.chipleymachine.com/

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #44 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Oh, oops. I missed the fact we were in this forum. I just hit the button that shows all new posts and start scanning.

But then, I guess I'm still lost as to the thought process. If you aren't happy with paintballs in your mag-fed gun, shoot FSR (since most, and it seems all recent and new ones, can take them). Why make an expensive paintball, that still won't perform as well as a FSR, yet costs about the same? Of course, I never claimed to understand milsimmers anyway, so...

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #45 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Our gun the SR1 is First Strike only. That's how I sell it.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #46 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

what would my sr1 do with a delrin miniball?
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #47 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
My thoughts was not for a better paintball for existing guns. I was thinking along the lines of mil-sim mag fed guns.

I guess I should have clarified my thoughts. Paintballs are fine for paintball guns.

They just don't do well in mag fed guns.

Which is I assume a small portion of paintball industry.I really don't know.

I was assuming being in the First Strike forum we were talking mil-sim guns.
I agree.

However, I don't think of this forum as necessarily mil-sim. I think it's happenstance that most of the FS capable guns are mil-sim by their appearances (and mag-fed nature).

I believe most dedicated FS shooters crave function over form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
Oh, oops. I missed the fact we were in this forum. I just hit the button that shows all new posts and start scanning.

But then, I guess I'm still lost as to the thought process. If you aren't happy with paintballs in your mag-fed gun, shoot FSR (since most, and it seems all recent and new ones, can take them). Why make an expensive paintball, that still won't perform as well as a FSR, yet costs about the same? Of course, I never claimed to understand milsimmers anyway, so...
I don't think he's into $.40/shot for regular round balls. He's talking about a projectile that doesn't exist- a projectile that better holds up to the operating environment in a mag fed gun but cheaper than FS rounds. Theoretically, it exists: Perfect Circle Paintball claims that their 'cheapest paintballs are $.10/ball'. Hydrotech was well on the way except they screwed up by using a less dense fill (assuming they could improve the fill method).

I also think people need to understand that mag-fed isn't only about mil-sim. When everyone is using mag-fed guns, the gameplay changes.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #48 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc Zox View Post
what would my sr1 do with a delrin miniball?
We have messed around with delrin FS rounds. They shoot very good.

We also made some some miniball style bullets with not much success and poly balls were wild out of the rifle but they are very good to chrono with.

Ecc. 9-10

Old 06-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #49 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
I agree.

However, I don't think of this forum as necessarily mil-sim. I think it's happenstance that most of the FS capable guns are mil-sim by their appearances (and mag-fed nature).

I believe most dedicated FS shooters crave function over form.

I don't think he's into $.40/shot for regular round balls. He's talking about a projectile that doesn't exist- a projectile that better holds up to the operating environment in a mag fed gun but cheaper than FS rounds. Theoretically, it exists: Perfect Circle Paintball claims that their 'cheapest paintballs are $.10/ball'. Hydrotech was well on the way except they screwed up by using a less dense fill (assuming they could improve the fill method).

I also think people need to understand that mag-fed isn't only about mil-sim. When everyone is using mag-fed guns, the gameplay changes.

Well there you go. I know even less about mil-sim.

Ecc. 9-10

Old 06-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #50 (permalink)
MCB Member

So you are basically asking for a mag-fed ballistic equivalent to at least a FSR just cheaper that is ASTM approved for "paintball" play or to make a whole new game altogether using these "purpose built" rounds/guns.

This would take a lot to get off the ground. If like the "other" innovations of this sport from its beginnings to now with the mag-fed/FSR usage if you could make this product have an industrial or primary use that can be adapted into this or a different sport I think it might work but then again all you are really looking for is a mag-fed match-grade FSR marker/projectile that is "cheaper".

Basically as I see it the FSR is pretty much at the moment the common/modern cartridge round equivalent in paintball and even so it is not 100% accepted for use in the sport.

If you could get approved for general use in this sport a smaller elongated round that actually uses a "cartridge" or sleeve to hold the round in a magazine that is then projected using "air" at >300fps that would be at least the ballistic and marking equivalent of the FSR then you have something. Of course people are already complaining about the "pain" and/or extra damage a FSR can cause so.....

Not saying it can't be thought of or done but the cost would seem to be prohibitive for most ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike