mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

View Poll Results: Should FSR Go Mainstream?
Yes, DSA you are full of it! 9 20.93%
Let's wait and see.... 21 48.84%
No, not yet we are not ready for this advancement. 14 32.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmak View Post
...In fact they will never be a 10bps >3 second round, due to mag limitations. Not including a box mag for fsrs, but fields will likely not allow a fsr filled box mag. In terms of consistent rapid fire, hoppers have fsrs beat. I am OK with this, oblong rounds should be used for long range shots and have a minimum engagement distance of 100 feet. My .02
I wouldn't count on field operators to prohibit FSR box mags, especially if they are the ones selling the rounds. They allowed higher ROFs via double finger triggers and, they almost universally have not been interested in limited paint games.

I'm okay with them being used at close range (the closer you get, the closer they compare to regular balls in terms of impact force/pain). However, I consider it very unwise to use them, given the decreasing advantage and even the limitation of not being able to match someone shot for shot. One should really try to remain at distance and take advantage of the rounds.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Made With 100% Potato

AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
I think the rising popularity will incite some changes for tiberius as there will be a larger crowd commenting on features which are vital and require a change for the better.

And I'm sure as the demand rises, the need to more efficaciously mass produce them in a more customer and environment friendly matter is what will be required for them to keep up with production and sales.

So I think now it's sketch, but they should and most likely WILL be updated.

Want to bring peace, tranquility, and the abundance of nice aftermarket parts to the paintball universe once and for all? Contribute to: www.tbqf.co

ALTBazaar.com - The end-all source to high performance and quality.
TBQF.co - The end all source for all cool things paintbally.

YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

I like the round as it is, I just don't see a need to allow 10bps it's not that kind of round and besides 10 bps on one location and the shards. I know in preaching to the choir, but I also know it only takes one rich kid who has everything to decide to ruin it all. That's all I'm really saying. Unfortunately for us we do have juvenile minds who's parents will buy them anything and could careless if their kid is the responsible type.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lost in the blue

Send a message via MSN to ICON

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
I like the round as it is, I just don't see a need to allow 10bps it's not that kind of round and besides 10 bps on one location and the shards. I know in preaching to the choir, but I also know it only takes one rich kid who has everything to decide to ruin it all. That's all I'm really saying. Unfortunately for us we do have juvenile minds who's parents will buy them anything and could careless if their kid is the responsible type.
Agreed 100%

ICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Made With 100% Potato

AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
There will be corruption in any system.

I think the FSR market won't be overrun or even penetrated enough by those types of people for it to even become a considerable problem, fortunately.

Want to bring peace, tranquility, and the abundance of nice aftermarket parts to the paintball universe once and for all? Contribute to: www.tbqf.co

ALTBazaar.com - The end-all source to high performance and quality.
TBQF.co - The end all source for all cool things paintbally.

YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
all work

Overshooting with FSR is inevitable. It already happens with paintballs. I don't see any significantly different threat posed at safe velocities though.

I hope not to play with ballers that embrace that style. I won't return to fields where I observe such.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
I wouldn't count on field operators to prohibit FSR box mags, especially if they are the ones selling the rounds. They allowed higher ROFs via double finger triggers and, they almost universally have not been interested in limited paint games.

I'm okay with them being used at close range (the closer you get, the closer they compare to regular balls in terms of impact force/pain). However, I consider it very unwise to use them, given the decreasing advantage and even the limitation of not being able to match someone shot for shot. One should really try to remain at distance and take advantage of the rounds.
That is a fair point, however I feel that successful fields relize that success in the long run with returning customers will trump the two guys that want to fsr unload. Most fields will not allow ramping, even if it is FPO with walk ons. Rentals are where the money lies and the future of fields. Excessive fsr use may damage the rental business.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
Low skill High enthusiasm

Quote:
Excessive fsr use may damage the rental business.
Oh I believe FSR's already hurt the rental business. Though the vast majority of FSR users are nice guys, all my buddies who rent are extremely intimidated by them. The thought that someone could sit out of their range and plink dropping accurate shots from out of nowhere is in many ways more intimidating than electro-toting-bonus-ballers. Put yourself in a noob's shoes and think about how that feels. Add full auto FSR to the mix, and I could see many first timers not wanting to come back. It just takes one brat with a dam and a drum mag to ruin a bunch of 10 year old's day.
Three Cocker Barrels and a CCI Phantom one.
Barrel Sale
Striving to achieve everlasting glory in Vahalla
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
Overshooting with FSR is inevitable. It already happens with paintballs. I don't see any significantly different threat posed at safe velocities though.

I hope not to play with ballers that embrace that style. I won't return to fields where I observe such.
When I think back to my earliest days, overshooting didn't happen much when rounds cost $7/100, and the ROF was much, much lower. As rounds got cheaper people began to shoot more and at higher ROFs. Further compounding the issue is the rate that paintballs slow down allow someone who's fast on the trigger do belt out 5+ shots before the first ball hits the target.

Quote:
That is a fair point, however I feel that successful fields relize that success in the long run with returning customers will trump the two guys that want to fsr unload. Most fields will not allow ramping, even if it is FPO with walk ons. Rentals are where the money lies and the future of fields. Excessive fsr use may damage the rental business.
The problem is that the vast majority of paintball fields over the last 20yrs, including those that have been in business for at least the majority of that time frame and still around today have failed that litmus test. Case example: Insurance companies are the primary source of "semi-auto only" rules. The playing public and field operators were perfectly happy with the 'double finger trigger' solution. This solutions was designed explicitly to allow higher ROFs than what was possible with a single finger semi thus, rendering the 'semi-auto only' limitation moot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Oh I believe FSR's already hurt the rental business. Though the vast majority of FSR users are nice guys, all my buddies who rent are extremely intimidated by them. The thought that someone could sit out of their range and plink dropping accurate shots from out of nowhere is in many ways more intimidating than electro-toting-bonus-ballers. Put yourself in a noob's shoes and think about how that feels. Add full auto FSR to the mix, and I could see many first timers not wanting to come back. It just takes one brat with a dam and a drum mag to ruin a bunch of 10 year old's day.
I've known far many more folks to be literally intimidated (i.e. too scared to come out of a bunker, or just call themselves out, or even start crying if they're young) by high ROFs. Over the past three years, every new player understands the sacrifices a dedicated FS shooter makes (limited capacity, low ROF, and no suppressive fire).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
all work

When I first played it cost $.25 CAD per ball, plus CO2. We picked our shots carefully as quarters were worth more in the early '80s. I loved that type of game. I started playing again exclusively because of the mag fed craze and FSR.

I agree some players are going to shoot FSR like paintballs because they have fat wallets. As long as ammo sales represent the thickest margins to field operators I don't think we'll see any controls implemented in commercial operations. I guess the high cost of FSR is a boon.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike