mcarterbrown.com

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 10-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

13ci tanks

How many people here use 13s on their markers? Do you find that it provides an adequate amount of shots between fills? I am heavily considering going that route, but I wanted to hear some first hand accounts regarding their usefulness in larger games.
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

You will get about 130 shots per tank, but i would rather run out of paint on the field than run out of air!
Big game=big tank
The Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

Depends on what marker you are using. Shot count varies but is directly related to gun efficiency. With that said, I believe most people will get between 100 to 130 shots with a 13ci tank on most guns; it just varies. Of course my numbers might be off and hopefully someone else can chime in.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I figure that I'll get around 100 shots per fill. I have never used FSRs so I'm just unsure if I am likely to shoot a full box of paint at a 300 player game. On standard paintballs I'd usually fire less than half a case at during a game (in most cases, about 500 shots).
Old 10-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

You'll probably go through the whole box because of the learning curve and just getting used to what shots you can take.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hesperia,ca

I have one. But it's definitely not for big game formats in my opinion. Depends on your playing style, if you are a very patient player sitting waiting moving maybe getting 2-5 good quality kills in a game then I say yes. But if you start out patient getting 2-5 kills and then find yourself up in the front then you may need more shots fire power. Happened to me and I felt fricken useless kinda sucked
river031403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Depends on the field size as well. 300 players on a smaller field winds up being a slugfest, and I doubt the 13ci will be enough. On a medium to large sized field though where you have room to sneak around without having one large battle line drawn across the entirety of the field, it may suit you just fine, particularly if you're using a pump.

I've had runs where I've taken out almost 10 players before getting tagged out myself using less than 300 rounds and a 22ci. Granted, a certain amount of that is field knowledge and pure dumb luck but it's possible to use a 13 effectively, if you have the patience to adapt your strategy. If you've already got one, give it a shot. It's not like you can swap to another tank during the day if you decide you don't like it.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I don't have a 13ci yet and my old tanks were lost in a flood (with most of my gear). I always hated dealing with a remote line, so the 13ci option is really tempting, but its limited nature makes me nervous. I'll probably go for it anyway--this thread has shown me that unless it's a total slug fest I'm likely to be okay. My marker has semi/fullauto modes, but I still shoot it like I did my pump. If I burn through 100 FSRs before the end of the day, I'll need to go back in to resupply any way.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth View Post
I don't have a 13ci yet and my old tanks were lost in a flood (with most of my gear). I always hated dealing with a remote line, so the 13ci option is really tempting, but its limited nature makes me nervous. I'll probably go for it anyway--this thread has shown me that unless it's a total slug fest I'm likely to be okay. My marker has semi/fullauto modes, but I still shoot it like I did my pump. If I burn through 100 FSRs before the end of the day, I'll need to go back in to resupply any way.
What marker will you be using?
Old 10-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

A modified ATS AT10. Full auto, fully mechanical, and loud as all get out

I am going to make a high capacity magazine for it, as a modified stock mag only hold about 3 rounds.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike