mcarterbrown.com  

Fitness Health and Fitness Forums

Old 04-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Last edited by TBOPP; 02-21-2013 at 08:18 PM.
TBOPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
what my roommate and I are doing right now to get into better shape is alot of P90X and TRX workouts. Really intense core workouts but we are also working on some MMA training to boot. I haven't really "lost" weight but I have toned up a bit in the last 3 months. My abs are looking alot better from it.
I am also watching what I eat alot more. Less processed food and fast food.... I am trying to cut down the amount of pop that I drink and drink more water and green tea (it has something in it that helps with weight loss). I eat what I am hungry for and watch my portions alot better now. I find that I crave alot of lean protein (chicken and fish)
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback
EgoPossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #23 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I am in the same boat on portion control. Since January I have lost 25lbs. Key changes were no sodas, high protein and smallish breakfast (2 eggs 2 bacon strips + 1 toast). Whatever I feel like for lunch. Snacks are fruits or nuts. Dinner which is my biggest problem is pretty easy. Only take 1/2 to 2/3 of a normal portion. And don't cheat that rule!

Good luck.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to StopError Send a message via Yahoo to StopError

Ok, that's it. You guys have motivated me to get un-fat.
StopError is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Just for Shiggles

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopError View Post
Ok, that's it. You guys have motivated me to get un-fat.
Awesome!

This last month has been really tough and I'm not nearly where I'd like to be. With the end of the semester looming mere weeks away I've been hard-pressed to find time to make it do the gym. I have maintained decent portion control and have cut down my take-out intake, but I can do better. Sawyer, I'm going to adopt that plan myself and see if it helps.

Weight-wise I'm hovering around 208, and naturally it doesn't show very much in my photos (which are still on my camera over at the girlfriend's house). I'll have those posted at the top tomorrow when I get my camera.

I do feel a little better overall, and since finals are the week after next, I'll soon have MUCH more time and desire to hit the gym!
FEEDBACK
Steam & Origin: Redivulpis
Redivulpis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

good luck. all the little things will add up and think of it as a new lifestyle, once you go back the weights going to come back.
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #27 (permalink)
Just for Shiggles

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
So very true. A few years ago I made it down to the low 180's, but pretty much the week I moved home all of it came back. I can't really go back to that lifestyle though. It was every bit as unhealthy as the lifestyle I've become accustomed to lately =/
FEEDBACK
Old 04-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Lol red, I loled hard at your avatar.

And its funny the reasons to lose weight. Every time before i had actual legit reasons to lose weight, look better and stuff. Now its not for any of that, i just randomly want to lose weight, just randomly one day started and ive been on it almost 2 months now with no problems trying to cheat or anything.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #29 (permalink)

i used to be nice and trim from working out for sports and high school. In college, my friends and i would always hit the gym. I worked out mostly for strength, and rarely did cardio. I got bigger, and i thought i was on my way to looking like arnold. Then i skipped a semester and stayed home for some medical/other reasons. no easy gym access, no running, anything. My full time job had me eating out for lunch every day and skipping breakfast, which didnt help at all. My newly gained muscle turned to fat, and i started losing weight, then gaining it all back as a nice layer of blubber. Getting back into the routine has been difficult, and im working on it, but one thing i have decided to do is much more cardio. Im not even going to touch a weight until im satisfied with my BF%. im doing purely running, swimming, and body weight exercises (pull-ups, push-ups, and tons more). Its been working so far. I went from 5' 8" 165 to 185 and now im back down to 175. hopefully i can push down further back to that 165 and then start looking to gain some muscle weight again.

i guess what im saying is cardio workouts are your freind. biking is a good one, and swimming is great. it is the most calorie dense workout. start off doing a a lap at a time, and eventually you'll be able to do 500m at a time, then 1000m at a time, and then you'll be able to just swim until youre done your workout. its also great because it doesnt stress your knees like running would with all that unwanted weight hanging on, and gives you a good upper body workout and a strong cardio workout at the same time. (holding your breath decreases the amount of available oxygen, which leads to a quicker lactic acid buildup which will tear your muscles down faster, as well as require more energy to move, and thus burn more calories).

Good luck and keep us posted!
Benaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
Just for Shiggles

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Benaiah: I like everything you said. I love swimming, but currently don't have access to a pool. I'm going to try to get back with the YMCA and use theirs.

JLuke: I lol'd at yours too. I hear the conversation and it's hilarious!
FEEDBACK

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Fitness