mcarterbrown.com  

Fitness Health and Fitness Forums

Old 07-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
yeah yeah.. rub it in.. id love to say that ive been working out diligently and im much better now than i was, but thats not the case

im about the same place i was.. started a new job, and the hours are long. and the work is very mentally draining.. (im the IT department for an entire company)
still tired of how i look. but have been having such a hard time trying to do much of anything besides work, eat and sleep

i wanted to just ignore this. pretend to not be accountable for the things that ive said. but thats not my nature.. i definitely feel like ive let myself down..

Tracker
dude, Im an IT guy in the Army and im ready for a career change.. You guys hiring? I didn't mean to rub it in bro I just wanted to motivate you. I have been raising a two year old alone for year now while my wife is deployed, my days start at 5AM and by the time I get everything done and ready for the next day its 8PM. And that doesn't even count the days I have 24 hour duties and such. There is a way to get a workout in, sometimes I even stop in and lift for 15 mins if thats all I have.

In fact my wife comes back tommorow, she left July 10th 2011 for Iraq and even though we are probably getting a divorce, I hope she enjoys my new body and reconsiders wanting to leave me.lol

Don't let it beat you down too bad though, I started eating like **** and not excercising about thanksgiving and really gained a lot of weight because I missed her, I was getting in trouble at work and I was depressed because I felt like my whole life was crumbling around me. I wasn't far from suicide actually and I ate so much I got stretch marks. I pulled myself up by my *** though, you can too!

Last edited by fg2chase; 07-04-2012 at 08:21 PM.
fg2chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
started going back to the gym monday

doing monday wednesday friday

wife is on some kick about do 10 minutes cardio to get your heart up, then do supersets. highest weight, low reps

will see how it all works out

Tracker

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:39 AM   #23 (permalink)
not your average redneck

I did the same thing in December, looked in the mirror and said all thats gotta go. The key for me was keeping strict with a diet and strict with going every day. Even if I didn't feel good I would go for a half hour instead of my full hour that I usually do, eventually you will start to feel bad and guilty if you don't make it. For me, I'm down 40 lbs that I never thought I would be able to lose! Also keep going with your wife, working out with someone keeps you accountable and makes it more fun to go.
Like Us on FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/#!/TSMPaintball
tippmannrocker90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
only problem going with her is i cant listen to music.. she wants to talk

ill be alot happier when i get over the nausea.. both times ive gone this week i felt like tossing my cookies on the way home.. last night i was in a cold sweat for like a half hour

bleaugh

Tracker

Trackers feedback
Old 07-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
not your average redneck

Make sure you are hydrating before, during, and after your workout
Like Us on FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/#!/TSMPaintball
tippmannrocker90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
only problem going with her is i cant listen to music.. she wants to talk

ill be alot happier when i get over the nausea.. both times ive gone this week i felt like tossing my cookies on the way home.. last night i was in a cold sweat for like a half hour

bleaugh

Tracker
your body is just getting used to it, eventually you will get sick if you DONT go!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #27 (permalink)

It's good being fit

Last edited by fg2chase; 08-18-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:50 AM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
okay.. well im back.. there were alot of factors that i felt were holding me back.. work being a major one.. i have since gotten a new job with a 55% increase in pay.. and alot more relaxed attitude on.. everything, and it also helps that its a supplement distribution company (vitacost).. its hard to walk around all day looking at jars of protein and not wonder what they all taste like.. and of course you cant take protein without going to the gym.. so honestly, thats some pretty decent motivation right there..also did a thing called the devils dash (like tough mudder but 5k, and with less electricity) last month, and and a 5k on saturday.. and another 5k, and 7k obstacle next month.. and then they wife has been hitting the gym pretty hard for almost a year now.. and now that i actually feel less depressed about my working life..

still going to stick with the weights primarily, i have maintained my weight pretty steady at 245 for the last while.. if i can loose some of the weight, i will focus on some endurance and cardio. right now i need to get some stability back in my knees.. and my Ganglion cyst decided to re-surface,, this time in my good wrist.. hopefully that wont get in the way of working out as much as it does with the rest of my life.. i have every intention of getting surgery for it before then end of the year.. i just want to get some time on the job before i clock out for a few weeks for the surgery

so, thats the state of my life as of today.. 30-ish mins at the gym, did a little cardio, and then chest, lat pulldown, chest press, and some time on the ab machine until things started to ache.. not sure what ill do tomorrow.. maybe legs, but ill have to chill on the leg press, that thing makes me knees hurt for DAYS

Andrew

Trackers feedback
Old 04-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #29 (permalink)

I love vitacost, they once randomly sent me $90 of protein for FREE
Old 04-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #30 (permalink)

still at it

I am still on the grind, cutting right now.. I peaked at 215 after adding 20lbs of muscle, now im cutting down doing lots of les mills GPM and GRIT as well as weight training and regular Army PT. I am 191lbs

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Fitness