mcarterbrown.com  

Fitness Health and Fitness Forums

Old 10-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #51 (permalink)

Thought I was going to throw up after doing deadlifts today, first time I've felt that in a while.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #52 (permalink)
Post Whore

I finally found a gym with bumpers and platforms that's frequented by experienced oly lifters. It's amazing how technique-based those lifts really are, I can't even explain what hanging around those dudes has done for my lifts in less than a week.

Plus dropping the weight is really really fun.

I started a 4-week cycle from Everett that focuses on squats/c&j/snatch evenly and I PR'd like a madman throughout the week. Started to use bench as an accessory. I have trouble sleeping the night before a training session, it feels so good to have real platforms and plates.

Last edited by StealingYerMail; 10-20-2013 at 03:33 PM.
StealingYerMail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #53 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
I've gotten back into lifting in the past few months but more recently I've gotten into cross fit training. Twice a week a high intense strength and cardio workout plus power workouts 3/4 times a week. Deadlift, flat bench, military press,

Feels good to be throwing weight around

"Do you smell a skunk?"
-really?!? You had to be there

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
bmann61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #54 (permalink)
It's All In The Reflexes.

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Preface:

Back in November of 2006 I was stretching and heard both of my knees POP loudly followed by immediate pain, nothing crazy but it hurt. Took it really easy during leg days for 5 months. Then in April of 2007 I broke my foot at work and it never healed right due to the company Doctors I had to go to which led me to have my foot re-broke and a screw inserted in February of 2010.

For the past 3 weeks I finally haven't had any pain when doing leg workouts!

I couldn't even do 2 plates (each side) on the leg press machine without my knees or foot killing me. Anything calf related was a total no go.

Today I did 8 plates (each side) on the leg press machine and 225 lbs. squats and dead-lifts. I'm almost half way to where I was 8 years ago which makes me even more determined to get back lifting heavy-*** weight again.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:36 AM   #55 (permalink)

Good to hear, can't imagine how hard that would be to watch years of hard work and progress get taken away by an injury.

Sweet avatar, btw.

Today completely sucked for me, I'm only one week into a new routine and I'm already stalling.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:48 PM   #56 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBRevolution View Post
Good to hear, can't imagine how hard that would be to watch years of hard work and progress get taken away by an injury.

Sweet avatar, btw.

Today completely sucked for me, I'm only one week into a new routine and I'm already stalling.
Thanks!

I'm up to 18 plates for a total of 810 lbs. for 5 reps on the leg press machine. I'll try for 900 lbs. on Friday.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:17 PM   #57 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

[QUOTE=PBRevolution;2784206].

Took two attempts on my heaviest set to get the DBs into place for the shoulder press. Completely failed to get them up on the first try. Took about 6 seconds to lockout on the second attempt, but still ended up reaching 6 reps once they were into place. I feel like I waste so much energy just trying to get set up.

QUOTE]

I assume you start with the DB on your shoulders? locked out form the start is difficult, the best advice i can give you is take one of the DB and use both hands (i usually take the right) and use them to postion one DB, then have a spotter grab either end of the DB and place this one in your allready set other hand.....I usually do this with 60-70KG DB so i know its possible with heavier weights, alternativly I had a training partner who could flick them up off the end of his kness....i could never do it.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:27 PM   #58 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

Quote:
(
try a 5 year break, snapped achillies, then back in snaped off the my biceps tendon come out of surgery, go back in have my shoulder reconstructed...but its all startign to come back now, I dont miss hitting the big weights (no more 400KG+ squats etc) mainly because as it turns out I need my hips reconstructed now, but i have found I am training more with my mind than throwing plates around.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:08 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldadoom View Post
I assume you start with the DB on your shoulders? locked out form the start is difficult, the best advice i can give you is take one of the DB and use both hands (i usually take the right) and use them to postion one DB, then have a spotter grab either end of the DB and place this one in your allready set other hand.....I usually do this with 60-70KG DB so i know its possible with heavier weights, alternativly I had a training partner who could flick them up off the end of his kness....i could never do it.
Going to give that a try next week, thanks.

I've been "cleaning?" them off the floor then sitting down with them resting on top of my shoulders. But like you said, it's to hard to get them moving out of the bottom. Yesterday I tried 90s (pounds), and couldn't get a single rep, but then grabbed 85s and got 10 reps with good form.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:11 PM   #60 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Going to give that a try next week, thanks.

I've been "cleaning?" them off the floor then sitting down with them resting on top of my shoulders. But like you said, it's to hard to get them moving out of the bottom. Yesterday I tried 90s (pounds), and couldn't get a single rep, but then grabbed 85s and got 10 reps with good form.
I pick them up off the floor rest them on my knees then kick them up one at a time with my spotter supporting me for the first lift. After that it's smooth sailing.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Fitness