mcarterbrown.com  

The Garage Talk about your Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, and other Garage Related Projects.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:40 PM   #341 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Been working on this one. I have it pretty close.

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:18 AM   #342 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Wrx is a cool car and all, but the gti is a better buy imo

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
Old 05-07-2016, 01:31 AM   #343 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
Wrx is a cool car and all, but the gti is a better buy imo
I compared the two, have you seen how much GTI's cost for 2016? I'm a huge VW fanboy, I've owned several audi/vw's but VW's current lineup and styling blows. The GTI's were the last cars to still be built in Germany, and now for 2016 they come out of the Mexico plant alongside the super bland new Jetta.

The one thing that the Americans and Japanese have caught the Germans at is giving their cars that heavy feeling suspension. The cars dont feel as fast, but they feel firmly planted to the road which makes them a lot more fun to drive.

With the Americans it started with the GTO, the CTS/G8, (European Holden/Vauxhall platform) and the Chargers (basically the old Mercedes eclass platform). Even the Focus drives like a Volkswagen.

This newest generation Subaru is the first Japanese cars I've felt with that signature European heavy suspension, but I'm assuming the other major Japanese makes have figured out the feel as well. When you slam a door it still feels like a tin can compared to the Germans, but the handling is a good start.

Last edited by theangrydragon; 05-07-2016 at 01:41 AM.
theangrydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:36 PM   #344 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theangrydragon View Post
When you slam a door it still feels like a tin can compared to the Germans, but the handling is a good start.
lol when it rains hard here it sounds like I am in a tin can in my BRZ. My 83' Mercedes took two pretty hard rams with a forklift to get the forks through the door.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:48 PM   #345 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I have this pile now

Old 05-20-2016, 11:03 AM   #346 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
My dream Bike just popped up on eBay. I nearly had a heart attack.

I'v had it as a background on both my phone and on my desktop for nearly 3 years.
If I don't win at least I have tons more photos of it, If I do (Fingers crossed and prayers to Velcor) I then have my dream bike! Some stuff has been changed but I'll be asking about those things.(Carbs, Exhaust, Rear suspension)

But --- Its THE BIKE......

Please pray for me guys! This is it.
Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:08 AM   #347 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Got back into a Tacoma finally. Did some stuff to it already. Lurking under the hood is the supercharger -_-

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
Old 05-20-2016, 11:19 AM   #348 (permalink)
MCB Member

1993 Ford F350 XLT 4WD Crew Cab SRW Longbed 7.3L IDI [Mostly Stock] w/E4OD,
2.5" suspension lift, TOYO M608Z 265/70R19.5 on Vision Heavy Hauler 81 [Black] wheels, Dana 60 front and Sterling 10.25" Rear.

Came with me to work today have to run errands at lunch and after work. I love this truck and plan on keeping it and tinkering on it until I can't anymore. Though my Challenger is my normal daily driver. As much as I love this truck without a load in it, it will beat you to death. Latest work was rebuilt the top of the motor [injectors, glow plugs, fuel lines and harnesses], rebuilt front end steering [just getting old], replaced direct drive starter with a gear reduction starter, new wheels and tires and replaced clearance lights that were crazed from age. I love the new wheel and tire combo [combined with front end work], it has greatly improved drive-ability; no longer wanders around like on bias ply tires. The Toyos are very round and required very little balance weight and being G rated commercial tires will last a long time.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB Pyre Serial Number List

Last edited by Grendel; 05-20-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 03:03 AM   #349 (permalink)
Ran out of characters.

CCM Fan
Here is my truck after today's project.
Attached Images

How to get around UPS fees
mtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:54 AM   #350 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...psxtccyuds.jpg

1993 Ford F350 XLT 4WD Crew Cab SRW Longbed 7.3L IDI [Mostly Stock] w/E4OD,
2.5" suspension lift, TOYO M608Z 265/70R19.5 on Vision Heavy Hauler 81 [Black] wheels, Dana 60 front and Sterling 10.25" Rear.

Came with me to work today have to run errands at lunch and after work. I love this truck and plan on keeping it and tinkering on it until I can't anymore. Though my Challenger is my normal daily driver. As much as I love this truck without a load in it, it will beat you to death. Latest work was rebuilt the top of the motor [injectors, glow plugs, fuel lines and harnesses], rebuilt front end steering [just getting old], replaced direct drive starter with a gear reduction starter, new wheels and tires and replaced clearance lights that were crazed from age. I love the new wheel and tire combo [combined with front end work], it has greatly improved drive-ability; no longer wanders around like on bias ply tires. The Toyos are very round and required very little balance weight and being G rated commercial tires will last a long time.
I used to have an obs with the 7.3 turbo, 4x4, and manual trans. Only 65k miles! Loved that truck. Got totalled by a fool that ran a red =(

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » The Garage